Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Hopefully simple report problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hopefully simple report problem
 Login/Join

posted
I have a data set with the following format

Faculty
Programme
Campus
Session
Retention
Progression

With an example row being

BAL
A200
FT

I can create a report in the following format without any problem

Retention Progression
BAL A200 FT 14 12

What I would like to get to though is

BAL A200 FT Retention 14
Progression 12

I could do this in Crystal Reports without much of a problem and I could change the data to fit but neither of these are avenues I would like to consider at the moment and I am hoping that I am just missing something obvious in Webfocus.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Ah - the formating does not help my garbled explanation.

Hopefully this works:

What I have now:

................Retention....Progression
BAL..A200..FT...14...........12

What I would like

BAL..A200..FT..Retention....14
...............Progression..12

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dkirk,

Because I'm not entirely sure how your input data is formatted, I have assumed that all fields with their values are on the same record.
If that is the case, then here is a possible answer:

TABLE FILE KIRK
PRINT Retention
OVER  Progression
ACROSS Session  AS ''
BY    Faculty   AS ''
BY    Programme AS ''
BY    Campus    AS ''
END

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks that is getting there. There are two points which I didn't put in my example which are that I need to summarise the Retention and Progression fields and there may be more than just these two.

Your help is much appreciated

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't know how comfortable with WebFOCUS you are but this task seems perfectly suited to the MacGyver Technique or an alternate master with an OCCURS.

Go up to the Advanced Search and type in MacGyver to get details. This technique will allow you to write multiple rows of output for each row of input such that you could create two fields, a label field that would contain 'Regression' or 'Progression' and a count field that would contain the numbers that you needed to sum. You would hold that and it would be a simple task after that to SUM CNTFLD
BY FACULTY BY PROGRAMME BY CAMPUS BY LABELFLD ACROSS SESSION.

Check it out and see what you can do with it.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your help I shall do some reading up and let you know how I get on

Expert
posted Hide Post
dirk
put your output examples between [ code ] tags
(the red pointy brackets on posting toolbar) so they remain fixed format and don't execute any html you may wish to put in..
makes it easier for us Pointy heads to read.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post