Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] App Studio Parm passing to a control

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] App Studio Parm passing to a control
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Well for a Monday morning I am drawing completely blank. I would think this would work, but maybe I am nuts. I have 2 controls, that are chained together. Store_Type and Level_Select. Both of those have parms assigned. I want to pass these parms into a 3rd control which as a fex behind it to get the Level_Val. Basically I want to have a single dynamic drop down based on the selections from the first 2 controls because the values of the 3rd control would be different based on the selections of the first 2. Is this possible? I am thinking so, but maybe I am confused this morning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MattC,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you chained the control to Level_Select ?

It should then pass the parms

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I tried that, but I get a popup that tells me there appears to be an issue chaining Level_Select to Level_Val. Check procedures and Resolves paramter value.

I have a case open.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Matt

You should be able to do this.

1 - chain Store_Type to Level_val and in the settings panel check the resolves parameter.

2 - chain Level_Select to Level_val and in the settings panel check the resolves parameter.

Just check the resolve parameter took and did not change to the last resolve parameter. In each settings window (right click the arrow head in the parameter window between the 2 controls).

If that does not work then set a third control with the values of store type and level select and then chain third control to the 4th.

Sorry Matt this is fairly complicated to describe in a few words. Send me a private email and we can discuss over the phone.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 34 | Registered: September 08, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Barry. I got it working with using plain old Chaining. What threw me for a loop was, that 2nd SQL statement in my fex. I am querying a table for a specific value for the DROPDOWN_DISPLAY. I guess my mind went blank.

I am not sure how "chaining" works under the covers, but I will take it. Usually when I chain controls I have all the data points in one program or matching fields to chain off of and never have to query based off of passed values.

-* File: IBFS:/0-Dev/WFC/Repository/SVP_Portal/Reports/svp_common_hierarchy.fex Created by WebFOCUS AppStudio
-*******************************************************************************
-* SVP/DVP Portal
-*******************************************************************************
-*    Module Name: svp_common_hierarchy.fex
-* Developer Name: Matt Chapin
-*   Date Written: Oct  2015
-* Change Log

-SET &ECHO = 'ALL';

-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/SVP_Portal/Reports/svp_common_odscom.fex

-DEFAULT &Str_Type = ''
-DEFAULT &Lev_Sel = ''

-SET  &WhereStrType = IF '&Str_Type.EVAL' EQ 'COMPANY'   THEN 'AND STORE_OP_TYP_CODE = ''CD'' '  ELSE
-                     IF '&Str_Type.EVAL' EQ 'FRANCHISE' THEN 'AND STORE_OP_TYP_CODE = ''FD'' '  ELSE '' ;

-SET &CHKTIME = HHMMSS('A8');
-TYPE ==================================================================================================
-TYPE &CHKTIME STEP 1: Get values from ODS_RPT_DROPDOWNS                                    Hold as SELVAL
-TYPE ==================================================================================================

SQL
SELECT
       DROPDOWN_NAM,
       DROPDOWN_VALUE,
       DROPDOWN_DISPLAY,
       DROPDOWN_TEXT
FROM ODSADM.ODS_RPT_DROPDOWNS
   WHERE DROPDOWN_LOC   = 'SVP'
    AND DROPDOWN_TEXT <> 'TOT'
    AND DROPDOWN_VALUE  = '&Lev_Sel.EVAL'
    AND DROPDOWN_NAM    = '&Str_Type.EVAL'
;

TABLE
ON TABLE HOLD AS SELVAL FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

-IF &FOCERRNUM NE 0 THEN GOTO HIER_END;
-*-*-*?FF SELVAL
-*-SET &CHKTIME = HHMMSS('A8');
-*TABLE FILE SELVAL
-*HEADING
-*-*"&FEXNAME"
-*"&CHKTIME STEP 1: Dump of the SELVAL Hold File"
-*PRINT *
-*WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
-*END
-*-RUN
-*-EXIT

-READFILE SELVAL
-SET &DROPDOWN_VALUE = &DROPDOWN_VALUE;
-SET &DROPDOWN_TEXT  = &DROPDOWN_TEXT;
-SET &DROPDOWN_NAM   = &DROPDOWN_NAM;
END

-TYPE &DROPDOWN_VALUE

-TYPE &CHKTIME STEP 2. Get Disticnt values from DIM_STORE                                Hold as ODSHIERS

SQL
SELECT
       DISTINCT CAST( &DROPDOWN_VALUE.EVAL AS CHAR(5) ) || ' - ' ||
                CAST( &DROPDOWN_TEXT.EVAL AS CHAR(50) ) AS VALUE,
		&DROPDOWN_VALUE.EVAL
FROM ODSADM.DIM_STORE
WHERE CURRENT_RECORD_FLAG = 'Y'
AND STORE_STATUS_CODE IN ('CT','OP')
AND STORE_OP_TYP_CODE IN ('CD','FD')
-*AND INCL_CP_FIN_HIER  IN ('Y', 'N')
&WhereStrType.EVAL
ORDER BY &DROPDOWN_VALUE.EVAL
;
TABLE
ON TABLE HOLD AS ODSHIERS FORMAT XFOCUS
END
-RUN

-IF &FOCERRNUM NE 0 THEN GOTO HIER_END;
-*-*?FF ODSHIERS
-*-SET &CHKTIME = HHMMSS('A8');
-*TABLE FILE ODSHIERS
-*HEADING
-*-*"&FEXNAME"
-*"&CHKTIME STEP 1: Dump of the ODSHIERS Hold File"
-*PRINT *
-*WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 100
-*END
-*-RUN
-*-EXIT

-TYPE &CHKTIME STEP 3. XML Presentation

DEFINE FILE ODSHIERS
DROPDOWN_DISPLAY/A87 = VALUE ;
END

TABLE FILE ODSHIERS
PRINT
      DROPDOWN_DISPLAY
BY &DROPDOWN_VALUE.EVAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END
-RUN

WebFOCUS 8.1.05