Focal Point
Change APP PATH on the fly

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4241008331

September 24, 2004, 09:47 PM
reFOCUSing
Change APP PATH on the fly
I have two application folders appfolder1 and appfolder2. In these two folders are two fex files fexa.fex and fexb.fex. fexa.fex has a drilldown into fexb.fex and appfolder1 is higher in the APP PATH then appfolder2.

appfolder1
- fexa.fex
- fexb.fex

appfolder2
- fexa.fex
- fexb.fex

When I create a web page to run fexa.fex it will always run the fex in appfolder1. How can I change this so it will run fexa.fex in appfolder2 without permanently changing the APP PATH before running the report. Also how can I tell the drilldown which fexb.fex to run? Because the drilldown will always pick the fex in appfolder1.

This would be easy if I was doing it in the MRE but I'm not. Also I'm running WebFOCUS 5.2.6 on Sun Solaris.
September 25, 2004, 05:22 AM
Piipster
Hi Curtis.

How do you decide whether it should be foldera or folderb? Does the user specify something in the launch page?

You could execute a procedure that has APP PATH settings in it based on a variable that was set. Then EX fexa.

-* APPPROC
APP PATH &APPFLDR PREPEND

EX fexa

I think that should work.
September 25, 2004, 01:26 PM
Tred
Curtis,

Is there a specific reason why these are not uniquely named? Is this a test vs. Prod situation? Also, where do you specify the APP PATH in the edasprof? or in a user prof?
September 27, 2004, 01:25 PM
<Kyle>
In the drill down, you can specify a new app folder to add to the current APP PATH by using the IBIAPP_app parameter. See below.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=B1,
FOCEXEC=FEXB(IBIAPP_app='APPFOLDER2'), $
ENDSTYLE
END
September 27, 2004, 03:41 PM
reFOCUSing
This is for a prod and dev reporting environment.