Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Help! HTML Composer - Listbox Error FOC258 when using multiple option

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Help! HTML Composer - Listbox Error FOC258 when using multiple option
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I'm having a difficult time in HTML Composer.

I have a report that chains several parameters together...which works great, however, I have a listbox that I'd like to allow for multiple selections. The listbox is associated with a dynamic data type which is filtered down based on previous parameters in the chain.

The data is displaying perfectly in the listbox, however, when I choose more than one option out of the listbox and submit the webpage, my fex crashes with the following error:
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: NONE
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

The fex code that dies is as follows:
WHERE COURSE_SECTION EQ &COURSE_SECTION.Course Section Number;

I've tried variations like the following, but to no avail so far...(this works if the fex is ran w/o the HTML Composer, but then the parameter chaining is broken)
WHERE COURSE_SECTION EQ &COURSE_SECTION.(OR(FIND course_number IN LOV_COURSE_OFFERING)).Course Section Number;

If anyone has some ideas, that would be great! Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Developer Studio 7610
Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You need to see exactly what the resolved focexec code looked like to the WF server.

-SET &ECHO=ON;

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... only, do not include the styling unless it has relevance.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the code using &ECHO when two options are selected from the listbox:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0
SET NODATA=''
SET BYDISPLAY=ON
SET EMPTYREPORT=ON
TABLE FILE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS
PRINT
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.FIRST_NAME'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.MIDDLE_NAME'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.LAST_NAME'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EMAIL'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.GENDER'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.PHONE'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.BIRTH_DATE'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.CONTACT_TYPE'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADDRESS_TYPE'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.STREET_LINE1'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.STREET_LINE2'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.STREET_LINE3'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.CITY'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.STATE_PROVINCE'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ZIP'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.MAJOR'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.BILLED_CREDIT_HOURS'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.TOTAL_CREDITS_EARNED'
AS 'EARNED_CREDIT_HOURS'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADVISOR_ID'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADVISOR_FIRST_NAME'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADVISOR_MIDDLE_NAME'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADVISOR_LAST_NAME'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADVISOR_EMAIL'
'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.ADVISOR_PHONE'
BY 'EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.SID_ID'
WHERE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.COURSE_TERM EQ '200940';
WHERE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.COURSE_SUBJECT EQ 'ACC';
WHERE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.COURSE_NUMBER EQ '1150';
WHERE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.COURSE_SECTION EQ '001' NONE '002';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS OFF
...I've removed the styling for the columns to save space on the post...
END
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 42 IN PROCEDURE ea_course_studentF
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: NONE
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

This is what it looks like when only one option is selected:
WHERE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.COURSE_SECTION EQ '001';

Does that help?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ellswoja,

Developer Studio 7610
Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHERE EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.EA_COURSE_STUDENT_UVUODS.COURSE_SECTION EQ '001' NONE '002';

WF is not recognizing the word NONE. It should be OR.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Check your value for the OPERATION attribute and ensure that it is set to "OR" and not "NONE".

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Thank you!

I found the operation attribute on the HTML tab in HTML Composer.

The listbox operation value was set to OR, but the dynamic data type I'm using to populate the listbox was set to NONE, simply changing the operation value to OR corrected the problem.

I have noticed that if I change focus from the HTML tab to Design or Parameters tabs and then back to HTML, it wipes out my changes each time...I guess I can live with that though.

Thanks again for your help!

Developer Studio 7610
Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have noticed the same issue (which is new in version 7.6.10), but I don't think we should have to dig into code each time a change is made in HTML Composer. Does anyone know where the OPERATION="OR" option is set using the Design or Parameters tab?

Local Development Environment:
WF 7.6.10 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
Client Environments:
WF 7.1.3, 7.6.4, and 7.6.10 on various Windows Server platforms using servlet implementation over SSL
Oracle and MSSQL DBs
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel 2000, XML

Posts: 26 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: September 30, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I "never" use the HTML tab for anything because the code within is incomplete. To look at the code, save the program and use the text editor.

Create a combo/list box, select parameters, select Static (enter your values) or Dynamic (enter a fex, or, select a Master and column), go back to properties and the Multiple selection will be available, as shown here

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the real question is, can you set the operator attribute value for a master file?

The dynamic data source I'm using (where the operator value was defaulted as NONE) is based on a .mas file...is there a way to specify when declaring a master file that the operator value should be OR/AND instead of the current default value of NONE?

Developer Studio 7610
Windows XP
Excel, HTML, PDF

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am experiencing the same issue. I was also able to fix the problem by modifying the html directly, but my saved changes are wiped out as soon as I open the file in html composer. I can see no way of modifying this attribute from the Design or Parameters tab.

We are currently migrating from v7.6.6 and this functionality works just fine there- I'm not a very happy camper.

WebFOCUS 7.7.2
Win2003
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
I believe the problem is that the listbox should accept multiple values, but the report does not allow for multiple values. Both the report and the control need to be in sync and allow multiple values. If you say the control allows multiple values, but the report does not, bad things happen.

If you verify that this is not the case, please contact Customer Support Services.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did contact customer service on this one. The problem, as I understand it, arises when the prompt controls are added or modified within the html composer. In other words, if I were to import my report to composer and initially set the control type to list box, I would be able to set the multiple successfully. However, this html was created in v7.66 and imported into 7.610 and I have changed the control type from drop down to list box etc.
As I described above, I was able to get the multiple to work by modifying the html text directly. There are three tags that should be checked for 'operation="OR"' for each multiple type prompt:
After fixing all my
Personally, I think this is a pretty buggy feature. The functionality should not depend so heavily on HOW the prompts were created. But I have been informed that this has already been logged as an "upward mobility enhancement request".

WebFOCUS 7.7.2
Win2003
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
jjoyce,

You say there are 3 tags that need to be checked for operation="OR". I am only aware of two...
Those in the *variables* section and
those in the *input_controls* section.
From what I can tell, modifying those 2 keeps the problem from coming back when I open the page in the HTML Composer. Perhaps there are other issues I haven't noticed yet.
Can you tell me where the third tag is?

I agree with the others in this post - this bug is a MAJOR pain!

Thanks,

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post