Focal Point
What the Heck is Between My Heading and My Titles?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/424104945

October 13, 2010, 01:02 PM
John_Edwards
I'm trying to wrap my entire report in a thin black border. This is going to an HTMTABLE output format for inclusion on a web page.

I can set a background color for TYPE=REPORT and see that there is this blank line between my heading and my column titles that seems to be unaddressable. I can't put a border on it. It inherits the background color of the TYPE=REPORT but won't inherit the border from it. What is this thing, and how the heck do I get a hold of it to put a border around it?

There's a similar line between the body and my footer and another line after the footer, all a mystery to me. All of these get given a unique class ID in the css generated by HTMLCSS ON and get a single nbsp; character dropped into them. Just enough to hose the output.

Bordering the TD tag that the result lands in looks awful -- there's a nasty gap that doesn't match the background color. Is there a simple way to tell Focus to just put a border around the doggone report? It seems like such a basic option I can't understand why it isn't jumping out at me from the help files.

J.

October 13, 2010, 02:02 PM
Ram Prasad E
Post your code for better understanding.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
http://ibiwebfocus.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ibi.webfocus/
October 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
Prarie
Try to recreate with the CAR file.
October 13, 2010, 03:30 PM
Francis Mariani
quote:
Your ears? Big Grin

Seriously, it's a very annoying line which seems to be generated by turning HTMLCSS on.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
HEADING
"WEBFOCUS REPORT"
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON,
FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8,
BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=BLACK, 
BACKCOLOR=RGB(230 230 230),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

I don't think you can get rid of it,unless you don't use HTMLCSS ON and use CLASS= in the WebFOCUS style-sheet.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 13, 2010, 03:35 PM
Francis Mariani
People have had some luck using JavaScript to alter the resulting HTML, which is a solution, but seems like overkill...

THEAD Tag

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 13, 2010, 03:51 PM
Francis Mariani
You may wish to look into DHTML format reports:

Creating HTML Reports With Absolute Positioning

Francis