This isn't strictly a WebFocus question but if anyone else has had this problem I'd appreciate the help. We just launched our dashboard to all our users and we have several who are getting a Microsoft Internet Explorer window popping up saying
'Error loading page...
Please try again.'
It happens when they select a report from the Domain list. All the reports should launch in new windows.
It doesn't seem to be specific to any certain version of IE and I have made sure that all their IE settings are the ones suggested in the Dashboard user's manual. I am pretty sure it is an IE setting problem and not a WebFocus issue.
I should also mention that we have a graph with a drill down that auto launches when you enter the public view. They can all successfully drill down on the graph BUT the drill down does not open a new window.
Appreciate any thoughts people may have, Thanks,
what version of IE?
what version of Webfocus?
within IE, what java virtual machine is running - and what version (microsoft or Sun?)?
We are running WebFocus 5.2.4
The version of IE doesn't seem to matter - some are running 5 others are running 6 with a variety of service packs
Everyone is using Microsoft for their Java Virtual Machine with a variety of different versions:
and on one person i can't find the java plug in at all.
Melissa, those version numbers don't correspond to any microsoft jvm version numbers that I know of. Mine should be the latest, and it is 1.1.4 - however, I may be misinformed. Those version numbers, though, do correspond to the versions of the Sun JVM that we have found does not work with WebFOCUS applet run applications. When those stopped using the sun java then everything went back to working. Also, anything less then IE6 has always given us problems, so we stay away from it.
Thank you so much for your help!
I have upgraded one of the version 5 users to version 6 SP1 and it installed a new plug-in and she is fine. I did manage to find the JVM numbers i listed on the web and they are microsoft but they are VERY old ones so that may have been the problem.
The user with v6 already installed has gone for the day so i will investigate her issue tomorrow-she may not have SP1 installed.
Once again - thanks for your help, good things to know.
|Powered by Social Strata|