Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     <FIELD-NAME> is not a field in (or member of) type _PILAHOR2. [SOLVED]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
<FIELD-NAME> is not a field in (or member of) type _PILAHOR2. [SOLVED]
 Login/Join

posted
hELLO,
Does anyone know what means " is not a field in (or member of) type _." ?

Thank you,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ibiKeyrus,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a MAINTAIN error. Calling a Case without the expected parameters I think.

Need more information to be exact.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Alan is right, need more information.

Error Number, or the whole error line.

The code, and if its indicated, the line number.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could also be mentioning a non-qualified field while it should be qualified, since there could be more than one occurrence of the field. But as said before: more info needed.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Yes, it´s related with a Mantain sentence. The issue is that I´m trying to update some very long string fields ( more than 2000 characters) and if I tried to make it thorugh the same MANTAIN sentence it seems that it doesn´t recognize some of the fields.
Here you hace the code:

MAINTAIN FILE CMIT_FACT_CB_MAIN_PROJECT AND HNEW2
STACK CLEAR PILAHOR3
INFER CMIT_FACT_CB_MAIN_PROJECT.ID_VERSION CMIT_FACT_CB_MAIN_PROJECT.NOM_SITE CMIT_FACT_CB_MAIN_PROJECT.NOM_MAIN_PROJECT INTO PILAHOR3
REPOSITION HNEW2.FOCLIST
STACK CLEAR PILAHOR4
FOR ALL NEXT HNEW2.FOCLIST INTO PILAHOR4
COMPUTE PILAHOR3(1).ID_VERSION = PILAHOR4(1).ID_VERSION2;
COMPUTE PILAHOR3(1).NOM_SITE = PILAHOR4(1).NOM_SITE2;
COMPUTE PILAHOR3(1).NOM_MAIN_PROJECT = PILAHOR4(1).NOM_MAIN_PROJECT2;
COMPUTE PILAHOR3(1).DESC_COMENTARIO = PILAHOR4(1).DESC_COMENTARIO2;
SYS_MGR.PRE_MATCH = 0;
UPDATE CMIT_FACT_CB_MAIN_PROJECT.DESC_COMENTARIO FROM PILAHOR3(1)
Compute ErrCode2/a3 = SYS_MGR.DBMS_ERRORCODE ;
TYPE "<Compute rc2/A250='';
rc2 = sys_mgr.engine("SQLORA", "SQLERRM");
TYPE "RESPUESTA:" rc2
IF FOCERROR NE 0 THEN
BEGIN
ROLLBACK
GOTO EXIT
ENDBEGIN
END

NOM_SITE, DESC_COMENTARIO AND NOM_MAIN_PROJECT HAS MORE THAN 2000 CHARACTERS.

This is the error:

COMENTARIO2 is not a field in (or member of) type _PILAHOR4 is the exact error:

...could be an overflow of the stack for example?
Thank you,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
This is confusing as COMENTARIO2 does not seem to be a field in the Stack. Is this field part of the HNEW2 Master file description? Please make sure that ALL of the field names in the Master files are in UPPER case. Also, is this the entire application?

Do you see any place in your Master or code where COMENTARIO2 is mentioned? I see DESC_COMENTARIO2 by not COMENTARIO2 alone.

If the Masters are in Upper case, please find where that field is mentioned. Please post your Master files.

Thanks
Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Post a copy of the masters please.

Also, Mark, what will happen with the following code ?
TYPE "<Compute rc2/A250='';

This should fail shouldn't it ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Actually, the real code reads
TYPE  "<<ErrCode2";
Compute rc2/A250='';
but, you know, the code should actually be put between the red < / > marks, but wasn't. So that won't fail in real life. And I agree with you guys that the field DESC_COMENTARIO2 probably is not in the master(s).
So, indeed post your master file contents.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ah,

The perils of not posting between the code tags.

Good catch.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Forget about stack overflows and 2k fields. Not an issue. When you get nearer 32k start worrying, I believe there are limits around there, which I have hit Big Grin

Need BOTH master files to be able to help.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I´m sorry guys the error refers to DESC_COMENTARIO2 field.

Anyway I have resolved, and I´m sorry Alan B but it seems that the issue is related with an overflow of the stack. If I split the mantain sentence in three sentences (one for each field) it works.

Could be any issue related with the length of the fields?

THank you,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I suppose it is down to what you consider a stack overflow is.

I can only say that, after writing a large number of maintain applications, that there is nothing you have said that means stack overflow. Splitting a line of code into 3 sentences is NOT a symptom of, or cure for, a stack overflow.

Perhaps it is better for you to understand clearly what the issue actually was. If you explain which sentence you split to resolve your issue and provide the MFDs and new code, then it will become clear what the issue really is and you can be helped to understand the code and what it does. As an example your INFER on an ORACLE (presumption) table is not correct, and if this is the line that you are splitting, then I fail to see how this helps.

The MAINTAIN experts on the forum will help and advise when given enough information. Failing to give enough information for them to help you understand the issues you have will not help your knowledge progress effectively.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

posted Hide Post
oh! I´m sorry Alan maybe my last post sounds bad, but it could be related with the lack of enough knowledge of the language ( my native language is Spanish).

Thank you for correct my sentence, I´m new in WF and I´m learning right now. My intention wasn´t question your knowledge in WF. I´m just taking conclutions from the solution I got. Of course you might have much more experience than me in WF and I could be wrong.

For correct it, I made three different MANTAIN sentences (one for each field) and with this solution it worked!

THank you all for your help. Soon I´ll post the details of my code just to have a record of the issue, right now we´re in the middle of a heavy project and I posted this issue because we were stucked in this issue.

Thank you very much for your help,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hello,

Yes, this issue was resolved by splitting the MANTAIN sentence into three MANTAIN sentences: one for each field.

Thank you ALL,
Andreina

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs