Focal Point
right justify alpha fields using pixel perfect stylesheet

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4251039872

April 03, 2008, 12:47 PM
FSGDev
right justify alpha fields using pixel perfect stylesheet
HI, I have a very styled pdf that I'm using the pixel perfect stylesheet editor for. I have a many numeric fields that I converted to alpha so they appear in thousands (i.e. 10 k). Does anyone know any tricks to right justify alpha fields in the heading using the pixper.ftp stylesheet?

Thanks
April 03, 2008, 01:27 PM
Prarie
Please update your signature with what version of WebFocus you are using.
If you use the FIND button at the top of this page you see several posts on JUSTIFY.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
thanks, using pixper the gui doesn't allow for any JUSTIFY of any sort that I can find, its all absolute x,y coord positioning. Here's a sample of the code that is generated from the GUI below. Where does JUSTIFY apply?

TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=58,
POSITION=(543.000000 141.000000),
WRAP=ON,
DIMENSION=(55.000000 12.000000),
NAME=TEXT57,
METADATA='anchor=0,parentanchor=0,flags=9,line=58,item=0',
$
TYPE=HEADING,
LINE=58,
OBJECT=FIELD,
ITEM=1,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
$

FSGDev
WebFOCUS version 7.7.2
Linux
I don't know if this will work, but you might try right justifying the field with RJUST before you print it. RJUST(inlength, infield, outfield)

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
thanks, I tried using the RJUST, it didn't make a difference. I think the x,y POSITION keyword in the stylesheets for the text box that houses the embedded field supercedes any other justify styling commands or functions.

FSGDev
WebFOCUS version 7.7.2
Linux
Hard code the K to a specific position in the report and leave your field numeric/1000.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
thanks, I tried leaving the field numeric no change in justification. All values within the text objects are left justified in the heading.

FSGDev
WebFOCUS version 7.7.2
Linux
the only thing else I can think of is to adjust the position depending on the number of characters in the field. By the way do you have SQUEEZE off?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
thanks. Squeeze is off. I opened a case to see if product support has any ideas.

FSGDev
WebFOCUS version 7.7.2
Linux