Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Where conditions using file is not working

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Where conditions using file is not working
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
I am using where conditions based on values from an external file.But it is not filtering out the rows and printing all the rows.
Also, The next where condition in which i am printing the rows with null values for the filter column is not working.

If i just use the second filter condition alone i am getting 0 rows

Where condition

(( NOT CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ACCOUNT_DURATION_DETAIL.DURATION_TYPE_CODE IN FILE SEL1) OR (CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ACCOUNT_DURATION_DETAIL.DURATION_TYPE_CODE NE MISSING))

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you get an error?
Do you have a FILEDEF for SEL1?
What's the format of DURATION_TYPE_CODE?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I didnt get any error.
My filter is not weeding out three rows.
I have a filedef for SEL1 file
Data type of the column : A6.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As a test, I'd remove the OR'd part and the NOT and see if DURATION_TYPE_CODE IN FILE SEL1 works. If that works then focus on the NOT and then on the OR.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Something weird happened.
It shows file sel 1 is empty.
When i open the ftm file is see values.

VALUES IN FILE
EMSLRD
EMCMSO
EMOTHR

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Your FILEDEF please.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
FILEDEF SEL1 DISK ZZ2016METADATA/SEL1

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please add (LRECL 6 RECFM F to make it more clear.

FILEDEF SEL1 DISK ZZ2016METADATA/SEL1 (LRECL 6 RECFM F

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
FILEDEF SEL1 DISK ZZ2016METADATA/SEL1 (LRECL 6 RECFM F

I am getting the same error

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What if you change the physical file name to lowercase and include .ftm?

FILEDEF SEL1 DISK zz2016metadata/sel1.ftm (LRECL 6 RECFM F 

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It is working now.
But IN condition has taken only the first value from the file
EMSLRD

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
LRECL 6 and RECFM F assume the .ftm you're reading is an ALPHA file with the values stacked on top of each other the way you show them. If you're creating this list using an ON TABLE HOLD AS SEL1 then make sure to add FORMAT ALPHA to create a stacked list of values in a plane text file.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is how i am creating my file.

TABLE FILE ZZ2016METADATA/CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S
PRINT COMPUTE Q/A6 = CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.PLAN_ELGBLTDT_EXCLD_EMPL_RLSHP.EMPLOYEE_DURATION_TYPE_CODE; AS CODES
WHERE ( CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ORGANIZATION_ROLE_1.Plan_No EQ '************' );
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE SAVE AS ZZ2016METADATA/SEL1 FORMAT ALPHA
END

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Add a line to the bottom and type

? FILEDEF

That'll tell you exactly what the LRECL and RECFM is. Use those values.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Babak,The NOT IN worked.
But now the OR condition is not working.

Is there a conflict between NOT IN and NULLS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When you OR two conditions you're saying I want either condition to be true. If you want to make sure to omit all NULLs and the values not in SEL1 then, you might want to try AND instead of OR.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I want to have NULLS and the omitting the values from SEL1

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I doubt adding that OR will force null values to show. You're saying

CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ACCOUNT_DURATION_DETAIL.DURATION_TYPE_CODE NE MISSING

Which means only show values that are not null.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry That was a typo.

((NOT CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ACCOUNT_DURATION_DETAIL.DURATION_TYPE_CODE IN FILE SEL1) OR (CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ACCOUNT_DURATION_DETAIL.DURATION_TYPE_CODE EQ MISSING));

It is not working even when i use (CLS_ELIGIBILITY_S.ACCOUNT_DURATION_DETAIL.DURATION_TYPE_CODE EQ MISSING))

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you test only for missing? Let's see how many missing DURATIOIN_TYPE_CODEs there are first.

EQ MISSING is the same as IS MISSING. Do a COUNT to make sure you find out how many to expect.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
when i use missing i get 0 rows.
But i have nulls in that column.
It is printed as '.' in EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Babak,
I found the issue.
It is with the code.
We were checking for columns before the join occurs.At that instance there are no nulls.Now i hold the file and then apply filters it is working now.

Thank you so much

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. I'm delighted it's working now.