Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Portal URL getting redirected to tree

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Portal URL getting redirected to tree
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I need to publish a portal URL to the users as below

http://domainname/ibi_apps/bip/yourportalname

But when I click on it, it takes me to the tree client portal page by default where my last session was. Is there a way to control this portal call URL take me only to the portal page itself and not to the client page where we have the tree.

I tried remove customization for myself on the portal , but didn't seem to work if I close the browser and open again.

Thanks,
Rajna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 72 | Location: Flowood , MS | Registered: May 11, 2011Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In your Portal, remove the "Close" menu option and replace it by the "Sign out" one.

The "Close" redirect to the default IBI portal (with the three) when the "Sign out" redirect to the portal and keep it as the default for next login.

The url used should be something like this
http://domain/ibi_apps/bip/portal/portalname

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Even if I sign out from the portal page and close all explorer windows. Logging in back from URL takes me to the http:\\domain\ibi_apps page. Is there any client setting or customization privilege to prevent this behavior?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just to confirm that you are using
quote:

the
/portal/
is very important

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes Martin, the link is exactly used the way given by you.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I do not understand why it doesn't work for you.

If I always use the sample url, I always get back to that Portal and my portals only have the "Sign out" and not the "Close".
If I close the browser you need to use again the provided url with .../bip/portal/portalname otherwise it is going to be the default IBI portal that will be loaded.

If no one else have an answer, I suggest to open a case with TechSupport.

In Focus since 2007

Master
posted Hide Post
Rajna,

What type of security is WF Client configured? Pre-Authentication or WF Security?

Are you using IIS or Tomcat as Web Server?

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Also check value for this variable - "WF_SIGNON_MESSAGE". You can find this in Admin Console -> Configuration -> Client Settings -> General.

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ram

Using Tom Cat Server here and security is set to default and prompts user id /pswd on the client link, The WF_SIGNON_MESSAGE is having the value &FOCHTMLURL/default.htm and WF_SIGNON is set to yes.
On the URL click its calling the page wfsignon.htm under ibi_html folder.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML