Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] drilldown from HTML reportcast issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] drilldown from HTML reportcast issue
 Login/Join

Master
posted
For the first time, we're distributing HTML reports with drilldowns back into MRE through email.

I searched focal point first thing, and found that I needed to add this to my fex.
SET FOCEXURL = HTTP://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet

Then I run it, either from within MRE or through the email and I get...
(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: app/callpl_leftmenu

When I take away the SET FOCEXURL it drills down just fine again in MRE, but not from the Email side.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I think this WebFOCUS Newsletter article might help.
http://www.informationbuilders.com/new/newsletter/7-4/06_Trommer.html

Posts: 229 | Location: New York | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm experiencing the same problem, previously it worked fine in the environment. Setting up two environments might have caused things to change in the configuration and not working anymore...

Any suggestions where to look?

Unfortunately, the link above does not work anymore for the newsletter (can't find it anymore either).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SWES,

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Would anyone have a suggestion where to look?

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Take a look at setting the base href via
SET BASEURL = 'http://[server][:port]/'
You will have to ensure that the basehref is set correctly once it gets distributed.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Also check out this link

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Tony!

This is what I was looking for... I just fixed the issue.

Thanks again,
SWES

ps. would you, by any chance, be able to tell me if I could place this SET statement somewhere central in the environment, so I don't have to repeat it for each individual procedure?

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Nice to finish the week off by solving an annoying issue Smiler

You could place it in the EDASPROF.PRF but I would be careful that you do not impact other, existing, reports.

Alternatively try adding it in a pre-process focexec for those RC jobs that require it.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
yes Tony definitely true, it's nice diving into the weekend like this. I added the statement to the EDASPROF which works fine too.

Thanks again,
SWES

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
i have two procedures in my baseapp
SETBATCH.fex
and
SETBATCH_BACKEND.fex
i use them as pre-processing conditions in a caster job (as Tony suggests), and find that i need two depending upon where the drill-to fex is located, mre or backend.
if backend, then this works
SET FOCEXURL =   h t t p://&&server|.nyumc.org:80/ibi_apps/WFServlet?  
if mre then this works
SET FOCEXURL =   h t t p://&&server|.nyumc.org:80/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps 

i'm in 7706/winserv2008r2.
i agree w/ Tony that its best to leave it off the edasprof and put it only exactly where you need it.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post