Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] SUBTOTAL
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a report that always needs to be sorted by Currency, Location, and Invoice Number with then two additional sort options that can be selected by the user of shop # and/or customer # with the option of subtotaling (using SUBTOTAL) or not (except for invoice number which will never be subtotaled on) on any of those sort options. Location and invoice number must always be sorted together since invoices are being returned multiple times for this report (due to the data requested in this report) with the value of the invoice amount only displaying once. I’ve got computes taking care of setting all following invoice amounts for an invoice number that repeat to zero, but in order for that to work, the location and invoice number must be grouped together. My issue is that, if for instance, the user selects an additional sort option, say customer #, after invoice number and subtotals on it, it not only shows this subtotal when the customer number changes but also when any of the higher level groups changes such as invoice number and location. From what I understand, this is how it works, but is there any option to make it only show the totals when the customer number changes and not higher level sorts since that’s all I want to subtotal on?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shelzalee,

7.7 Windows HTML, PDF, Excel

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I woudl suggest you research the difference between SUBTOTAL AND SUB-TOTAL.

In that same part of the documentation it will discuss specifying which columns to total.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have the correct columns totaling. It is when it shows the subtotal row that is an issue. I do not want it to break showing the total because of a higher level grouping.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I was able to move some of my sorts around and take care of the issue.