Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
No Data
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have this fex that I run in Dev Studio and it works fine.

When I try to run it in Reportcaster it runs fine and produces a report but with no data.

Any Help

Dan Moyer

IBM Main Frame: MVS, FIX, VSAM

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
You didn't mention your environment and it would be great if you added this to your signature.

I deal with this issue all the time and it is most often related to pathing. Since I don't know your environment or the kind of file you are trying to access, I can only give you some suggestions as to where to look.

When you run a report from Dev Studio, you are logged in as you. Dev Studio will look in your development directory, any directory specified in your global path (edasprof.prf) or your user profile, or in any directory APP PATH'd in your focexec.

The question is, when you run from Report Caster, what execution id are you using? What is the path for that id? Is it a default id that doesn't have a profile. Or maybe you don't have an APP PREPENDPATH in the focexec.

It always seems that if something can't be found, it is almost always a pathing issue.

Give us more info and maybe we can narrow it down for you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We are using Webfocus 7.1.1.

The execution ID Im using in Dev studio is my Windows NT account.

I believe the execution id in report caster is the one they setup for me in report caster. It has the same userid but I have to sync the password manually when my NT password changes.

Where would I find the path for the report caster ID?

I do not have app prependpath in my fex.

Dan

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Go to the webconsole and then to application and check if the application path is containning the location of your fex file. if not append it.

Majid

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try putting APP PREPENDPATH in your focexec pointing to the directory where the master is. That is probably the quickest way.

Also, please tell us what kind of data you are trying to retrieve, relational, fixed, FOCUS?

Regarding Majid's comment, you will find that under My Console. If you are a basic user, your admin would have had to have given you permission to change your user profile.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We are using VSAM.

MAJID, I went into Webconsole but did not find a application link. Just the following

Data Adapters
Remote Servers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Metadata
Procedures
Resource Management

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workspace

Monitor

Statistics
Agents
Sessions
Connections
Web Sessions
Deferred List

Diagnostics

Traces

Version

User Information

One other bit of info is that I am able to run fex's that have no joins in them in report caster. It is some of the ones with joins that seem to be giving me the problems.

Dan

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
You should be able to find it under My Console. You can also do it from Procedures. Click on the hierarchy/explorer tree icon. Find your profile and see what is in it.

Ginny

Expert
posted Hide Post
Also, please let us know the platform. Update your signature to give us that information. It will be easier to help you that way.

Ginny

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have updated my profile dont know why it isnt showing

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
Try putting it in your signature.

Are any of our ideas working for you?

Ginny

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

In the webconsole click on MetaData near data adapters from the manu. Then Right Click on Application Directories then append to path and there you can add the application directory containning your fex file.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for All your help.

It looks like there was something wrong with th join.

The original join was done in focus, and tries to assign a virtual field to the third part of the join. So I joined the two parts and then did a hold file joined the last part.

I remembered talking to IBI about this and they said this is an illegal join in WF.

Dan

Windows SQL

WF 7.7