Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SAVE FORMATS
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
If I want to Save Output from Web Focus in a TXT File and have the data in the text file be read and used for another table output, what is the best method for format?

ON TABLE SAVE
ON TABLE HOLD

and would I use COMT, TABT...

I'm trying to find the best and most effecient way to do this.

Thank you!

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try looking at this.

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/ibm/ibm_nf_nf833.html

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The serial code I have is saying that it cannot be found so I can't log in there. Thank you though!

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You need to find the right code and sign up...lot's of good info.

Here's a start of what it says

Syntax: How to Save Report Output in Tab-Delimited Format
[ON TABLE] command [AS filename] FORMAT TABT
where:

ON TABLE
Is the syntax for creating an output file within a TABLE request.
command
Can be one of the following:
HOLD creates a Master File to accompany the generated output file.
PCHOLD is used to automatically send the output file to a client application when issued in an environment that supports automatic file transfers.
SAVE creates an output file with no accompanying Master File.
filename
Is the file name of the resulting output file on VM, UNIX, or NT, or the ddname on OS/390.

The tab-delimited output file is a variable-length text file containing the column headings and data values from the report request. Leading blanks are stripped from numeric fields (format codes D, F, I, or P) and trailing blanks are stripped from character fields (format code A). Corresponding columns in each record may have different lengths because of the removal of leading and trailing blanks. On VM, the filetype is TAB. On UNIX and Windows NT, the extension is .tab.
Note: A Master File is created if the HOLD command is used to create the output file

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I am working on getting the correct code but that excerpt most definitely helps.

Dev Studio - 7.6.6