Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Moving .lib files versions to new folder in Version 8

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Moving .lib files versions to new folder in Version 8
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
In wf8 Content folder We have reports categorized by business areas and we need to distribute one existing report to a new folder. Is there a way to move .lib file from one folder to another folder along with the versions to new folder. Tried to change the folder in schedule to new location but didn't allow me to. Created a new distribution task to new folder but it created fresh new versions. I want to move all the old versions from old to new location. Is there a way to do this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 72 | Location: Flowood , MS | Registered: May 11, 2011Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
On the .lib files when right clicking couldn't see any move options nor does it show in Report Caster Explorer. I tried this since changing schedule folder didn't help. Also is there any direct URL link to Report Caster Explorer other than going to view versions and see all old versions?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Rajna,

I feel that since .sch is linked to .lib files, it will not allow you to cut/move them.
I tried to move .lib item with RESTful web service and it failed.

http://infocenter.informationb...source%2Ftopic16.htm

You can try with admin login with manager mode.

Thanks,
Ram

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ram Prasad E,

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ram , I tried using admin login manager mode but that didn't work. Any other suggestions on how to move the old library versions to a new folder?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Click on the Technical Library Link at the top.
Go to your version of WebFOCUS.
Search on "Report Library" including the double quotes.
Look for Migrating WebFOCUS Content.
Instructions will be there...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, I can see that the reports after migration will appear in designated category folders as in wf7 , but we are trying to reorganize the RC reports in wf8 into business area folders for ease of applying and maintaining security to avoid item level security. Hence came up with this question .

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
You can update back end repository tables. Since library files are linked to schedules, not sure if it breaks upcoming schedule execution.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I was also thinking in same lines as may end up updating the BOT tables Category column or may live with as it comes over. Will keep posted here.

Thanks for replying back Ram. Hope you are doing good, long time heard from you:-)

Gold member
posted Hide Post
A question related to above Report caster content , it may be a out of box question. Is there a direct URL by which we can launch Report caster explorer rather than going to Contents or Tools.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Master
posted Hide Post

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Was able to move the library contents by updating in BOT table WF_REPOSOBJ column PRT_PATH for the lib object with all versions. But it would have been great if IBI has an option from interface for the same. Since it becomes difficult to handle altering the DB when there are many schedules.

Ram - For the direct link to Report Caster Explorer , I could see the contents under /ibi_html/tools/wf_explorer/ but couldn't see a direct URL where I can call it. Can you provide any sample?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Rajna,

Are you looking for a URL to trigger the Schedule?

Thanks,
Ram

Gold member
posted Hide Post
No , to just call the Report Caster Explorer Window to a Panel directly.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML