Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Invoke WebFOCUS UI from Web application

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Invoke WebFOCUS UI from Web application
 Login/Join

posted
Im trying to invoke the WF html from a web application, but get the following error, any help on this?
(FOC227) THE FOCEXEC PROCEDURE CANNOT BE FOUND: mib_cus_o_003.htm

The URL that I have given in href tag is

http://webfadh.****.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIAPP_app=appname&IBIC_server=servername&IBIF_ex=mib_cus_o_003.htm

Thanks in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 11 | Registered: September 23, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Not too sure why you would call an HTML file with a WebFOCUS call, but if the URL you posted is how you actually call it, then set IBIAPP_app to the App folder name that contains the file (and not "appname").

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try a URL of the form http://webfadh.target.com/appr...me/mib_cus_o_003.htm

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies...

@Francis:
The requirement is to launch the reports UI from a Java application and hence I have to call the HTML. As mentioned I have already tested with the appname & servername replaced. But no gain!! I have previously made .fex calls using such URLs, but not sure if the same format holds good for HTML also.

@Tony:
By approot do u mean ibi_apps? if so i have tried that also but no change! If not is there any way that I can get to know what is my approot?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
No, I mean approot by approot.

However you will have to change the appname to the correct value, so if your app folder is baseapp then the URL would be -
http://webfadh.target.com/approot/baseapp/mib_cus_o_003.htm

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony...

Im getting a HTTP 404, so does this mean that I need to deploy my WF HTML in a webserver or something? Are there any links/documents that I can go through to achieve this? Please help...

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Yes. Your html should be in webserver.

Copy the html under your approot folder. For example,

Your approot is "apps" and create a folder for html called "html" and copy your html files then call that by using http://server/apps/html/yourfile.htm

Hope this helps,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
...or add a virtual directory in your web server, called approot, that points to the ibi\apps directory.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Master
posted Hide Post
Is this working now? Please let us know.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post