Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     List the procedures (FOCEXECs) on the default WebFOCUS Reporting Server (how to do?)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
List the procedures (FOCEXECs) on the default WebFOCUS Reporting Server (how to do?)
 Login/Join

posted
I've searched this forum for answers but I can't seem to find the right incantation to pull back a relevant thread.

The ReportCaster API Developer's Reference at http://ecl.informationbuilders...i/source/topic15.htm states the following:

quote:

The ReportCaster API provides methods that enable you to:

Create a report schedule specifying the run time, distribution method (e-mail, FTP, printer, Managed Reporting, or Report Library), notification parameters, report format, and whether to burst the report.
Schedule alerts.
Schedule the distribution of a file or the contents of a URL.
Schedule a Managed Reporting procedure.
Retrieve a list of scheduled Managed Reporting procedures.
List the procedures (FOCEXECs) on the default WebFOCUS Reporting Server available for scheduling.

However it doesn't actually show you how to do that. Looking over the included sample programs, there doesn't seem to be one that illustrates how to do this. The Javadoc doesn't help because I'm not sure what class I need to be looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

WebFocus 7.6.11 on Linux for X64 (Intel, AMD) 64 bit - Licensed Cores: 4
HTML, PDF, CSV

Expert
posted Hide Post
This may well relate to the APP path active at the time.

You could always turn tracing on and see what query is sent to get the list ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And it also depends on what your goal is with that knowledge.
If you want to produce this list outside of ReportCaster, simply do a APP QUERY appname and you'll see wht files are in appname. Add HOLD to the statement followed by TABLE off of that holdfile to narrow it down to whatever you want / need.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies, however I'm afraid I'm new enough to web focus that I don't understand your answers. The only web focus training I've had is some Report Painter training.

My current task lies *way* outside of that limited training. I'm attempting to figure out the Java API for reportcaster so that I can query the server for a list of procedures that are available to be scheduled. Later on I will be using the API to actually schedule those procedures to be run a specific times.

On a related note, when I launch the reportcaster applet, and attempt to create a task as part of creating a new schedule, when I go to select the webfocus procedure and I login to the server, I don't see any applications or procedures at all.

I suspect this is because I don't have WF, or ReportCaster configured properly. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Dave

WebFocus 7.6.11 on Linux for X64 (Intel, AMD) 64 bit - Licensed Cores: 4
HTML, PDF, CSV

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you can fit this into your API coding, but here is a way to create a list of all programs in the application folders: http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/2417079316.

Meanwhile, if you have an Information Builders site code, you can create a Tech Support User ID and either open a case or search for a solution - you may find more answered than on this forum.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Dave, the Report Caster repository is stored in a number of tables. The table names all start with BOT, where BOTSCHED contains the schedules, with links to BOTPACK where the taskid links to the BOTTASK table. There you can find all info on the different procedures submitted by Report Caster. Have a word with your dba where to find these tables. Then create synonyms for them and create reports in the Report Painter.

Håkan

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post