Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Resource Analyzer data and -INCLUDEs

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Resource Analyzer data and -INCLUDEs
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I see that there is no "flag" or anything, which identifies a FEX as being one which is used in a "-INCLUDE". However, I would like to have one. I understand the usage and inclusion of "-INCLUDEd" fexes.
I need a count of the number of executions of any fex which is executed by a user. I am using data provided from Resource Analyzer. However, these counts include all the focexecs which are run directly as well as those which are "-INCLUDEd". This skews the count of focexecs which are actually executed by the user.
Has anyone out there in the WFW (WebFOCUS World) come across this ... and / or have any good suggestions as to how to arrive at these numbers ? The best that I can think of off hand is to read the contents of all the fexes and parse-out the fex names associated with the "-INCLUDEs".

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Doug

Take a look at Resource Analyzer with -INCLUDE

just in case you can not get at it the meat is

quote:
The parent and all -INCLUDEd focexecs should be collected. If you are looking
to see a report that reflects the initial executed focexec followed by a list
of the focexecs included, run a request against the SMRPCS table printing the
SMRPCNAME by at lease SMRPCNUM. The SMRPCS table should have a record for every
focexec executed. The SMRPCNUM is a sequence number that keeps the order of
execution

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You should be able to run something similar to this
TABLE FILE SMQUERY
SUM CNT.DST.SMRPCKEY
BY SMUSERID
END

The smrpckey is unique to the whole request which should encompass the includes.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks JG and CLH,
What I need is a count of ONLY the initial fexes which were executed by the user and none of the fexes which were "-INCLUDEd".
I'll work with what you provided and post my final code when I reach my ultimate goal.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post