Focal Point
Populating the listbox

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4321080332

June 18, 2007, 09:00 AM
Prasanna
Populating the listbox
hi,

I am using Webfocus Developer Studio Version 7.1 and HTML Layout Painter.

the HTML Layout Painter contains a text box and a Listbox. when the user enters a value in the text box, all the data which contains that value should be fetched from the database or the FEX file and gets populated in the listbox which is present in the HTML Layout Painter.

i.e. for example when the user type "le"(employee name) in the text box the listBox should get populated with all those employee names that contains "le".

Dev:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Servlet
Local:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Apache 5.0.2,
Win XP

June 18, 2007, 10:03 AM
Prarie
So...What exactly is not happening?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
quote:
So...What exactly is not happening?

i am not able to populate the values in the listbox.

please sugesst me a solution so that when the user types "le"(employee name) in the text box the listBox should get populated with all those employee names that contains "le".

Dev:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Servlet
Local:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Apache 5.0.2,
Win XP

You can't link (within the layout tool) a text box and a list box. The way we had addressed this programmatically is that when a user enters data in the text box, they actually submit the job which runs a fex to gather the appropriate values for the list box and holds them in proper HTML format for list box contents. The same fex also contains a -HTMLFORM which then contains the HTML syntax to include the list box contents - !IBI.FIL.holdfilename

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
Example of Exactly what you want to do

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
dhagen is a genius!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
Geeze Francis! How many beers are you trying to get out of me?

Speaking of beer ... how about Thursday or maybe next Thursday?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
Hey Tony A...we need a flight to Toronto...sounds like beer is flowing. Smiler

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Please join us!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server