Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Style sheet not found after implementation.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Style sheet not found after implementation.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I wonder what is the prob about migrating to production my sales app and doesn't work because the style sheet cannot be found!

ERROR: ERROR_MR_FEX_NOT_FOUND Impossible de créer l'objet élément à partir de la clé d'élément fournie, endeflt.sty.

1. I implemeted the style sheet to Sales app but I aslo noticed that the same style sheet exists in Images-Web Applications.

**** I've been told to put style sheets to web app-images as a best practice. Isn't it?

2.In development the style sheet existst at both places also and it works.

What it is making the difference knowing that my apps is running from composer?

Regards,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Cannot be found is not correct. I should say:

The object cannot be created from the style sheet provided!

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am very surprised that you were told that the style sheet endeflt.sty should be in the Web Applications > app-name > Images virtual folder.

In a single-tier WebFOCUS environment, the web components (html, images, css, js, etc.) and the report components (fex, mas, acx, sty, etc) are in the same application folders.

In a multi-tier environment, the web components are in a folder on the web server and the report components are in a folder on the reporting server.

In Dev Studio, in a single-tier environment, you will see all components (web and report) in both areas:

- Data Servers > edaserve > Applications > app-name
- Web Applications > app-name

When migrating code from a single-tier environment to a multi-tier environment, you have to be careful where the components go: since sty is a report component , it should go to the Data Servers > edaserve > Applications > app-name folder. If you have "virtual folders" turned on in Dev Studio, the sty files are in the "Other" virtual folder.

I hope I haven't confused things!

Merci.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Francis for a full explanation. It helped me understood few things. I put my style sheet under Managed Reporting/Domain/Sales Folder/Other. My application is running now, no style sheet error.

Through your explanations, even if I did some researches, now:

• I think that we are a multi-tier environment (Wikipedia: client-server architecture in which the presentation, the application processing, and the data management are logically separate processes)
  • I understand virtual folders
  • style sheet is a report component

At first I was a bit confused, but after some readings I understood the meaning.

Marikaki

Expert
posted Hide Post
Très bien!

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Good morning Francis,

Do you speak french? Please explain.

Thks Wink

Marikaki

Guru
posted Hide Post
We had the same problem with endeflt.sty after upgrading to 7.7.03.
We have an open case with IBI on this issue:
80052026. They believe it is fixed in a later release.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Marikaki,

Mais oui. Je suis un ex-Montréalais et j'ai aussi travaillé à Paris.

Ciao,

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Marikaki

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Merci Francis. La prochaine je te parlerai en français alors! Super!

Marikaki