Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report Caster Database Tables

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report Caster Database Tables
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,
I had a report in 8104 that would show me a list of all my active reports with the distribution list. Now when i moved the report to 8204 the tables aren't joined the same.

In 8104 BOTDIST and BOTADDR could be joined on DistList = IBFSID

in 8204 that is no longer the case.

Below is my fex file to pull the report I want. I am not getting any results in 8204. The highlighted text isn't working anymore.

JOIN
BOTSCHED.BOTSCHED.SCHEDULEID IN BOTSCHED TO MULTIPLE BOTSIT.BOTSIT.SCHEDULEID
IN BOTSIT TAG J4 AS J4
END
JOIN
BOTSCHED.BOTSCHED.SCHEDULEID IN BOTSCHED TO MULTIPLE BOTDIST.BOTDIST.SCHEDULEID
IN BOTDIST TAG J5 AS J5
END
JOIN
 [COLOR:RED]LEFT_OUTER J5.BOTDIST.DISTLIST IN BOTSCHED TO MULTIPLE BOTADDR.BOTADDR.IBFSID[/COLOR]
IN BOTADDR TAG J7 AS J7
END
JOIN
J7.BOTADDR.ADDRBOOKID IN BOTSCHED TO MULTIPLE BOTDEST.BOTDEST.ADDRBOOKID
IN BOTDEST TAG J8 AS J8
END
DEFINE FILE BOTSCHED
DISTLIST2/A800V=
IF J8.BOTDEST.DESTFN EQ ''
THEN J5.BOTDIST.DISTLIST
ELSE J8.BOTDEST.DESTFN;
emaillist/A800V=
IF J5.BOTDIST.DISTLIST CONTAINS '@' OR 'marten' OR '.csv' OR '.html'
THEN J5.BOTDIST.DISTLIST
ELSE J8.BOTDEST.DESTFN;
END

TABLE FILE BOTSCHED
PRINT
     J4.BOTSIT.RUNEVERY AS 'RUN EVERY'
     J4.BOTSIT.INTERVALTYPE AS 'INTERVAL TYPE'
     J4.BOTSIT.WEEKDAYS AS 'WEEK DAYS'
     J5.BOTDIST.MAILFROM AS 'MAIL FROM'
     J5.BOTDIST.MAILSUBJECT AS 'MAIL SUBJECT'
    J8.BOTDEST.DESTFN
     COMPUTE EMAILLIST/A800V = IF J5.BOTDIST.DISTLIST CONTAINS '@' OR 'marten' OR '.csv' OR '.html' OR '.xls' OR '.xlsx' THEN J5.BOTDIST.DISTLIST ELSE J8.BOTDEST.DESTFN; AS 'DISTRIBUTION'
BY  LOWEST BOTSCHED.BOTSCHED.JOBDESC AS 'REPORT NAME'
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Webfocus Reports with Distribution List"
"&DATEtrMDYY <+0> "
" "
WHERE ( BOTSCHED.BOTSCHED.ACTIVE EQ 'Y' );  

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005

Posts: 121 | Registered: November 17, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Kelly

I have reproduced what you are seeing on my environment it works in 8.1.05 but not is 8.2.04. I think you need to open a case with techsupport to find out why.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I tried the code in my 8202M environment and it does not work either.

*Edit:
It didn't work for me because the code above is missing the END statement. Once I added that in (and removed the [COLOR:RED] & [/COLOR] tags), it works in my 8202M

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Didn't work for me in 8.2.04 until I added the synonym for BOTSIT Roll Eyes and added LEFT_OUTER to the join to BOTDEST as I don't have any address books in RC.

But then works OK - 8.2.04 Gen 08172018

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I had do the stuff Hallway mentioned in 8.2.04 but adding that last LEFT_OUTER join to BOTDEST made it work for me as well

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The report will run if I add the LEFT_OUTER join to BOTDEST. however, i'm not getting the addresses in the address book then still.

I did create an issue with tech support but am not getting much help. Because it isn't documented they are having a hard time answering my questions.

sorry i didn't respond earlier i was out of the office.

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005

Posts: 121 | Registered: November 17, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of my report.

REPORT NAME RUN EVERY INTERVAL TYPE WEEK DAYS MAIL FROM MAIL SUBJECT DESTFN DISTRIBUTION
Chart1 1 D 1111111 "Administrator" Chart1 . bus@localhost.com

And it shows the address under the DISTRIBUTION column not sure why it won't work for you. I am on release 8.2.04