Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     BIUC01 Server crash???

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
BIUC01 Server crash???
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
hi friends ,

One of my reports was running fine till yesterday. Today , suddenly an unexpected error occured when i tried to run the report.

Unknown error occurred.
Agent on reporting server BIUC01 may have crashed.
Please investigate reporting server log.

ERROR:

This is the error. Then i checked the Master file of the report in the Metadata, cross-checked the spellings of segname and file name in it. Everything was right and in order.

Am i missing something here?? Please advice..

I searched the forum for server crashes and was not able to figure out anything.

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
Output: HTML,PDF,Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Server crashes may happen for just about a zillion reasons.
Without further investigation nothing specific can be said about these situations.
What I would do in this case is first restart the server (it ran OK yesterday) and nothing has changed (where did I here that phrase before....). So maybe the server situation changed for some reason, restarting it will set it back to what it was before.
If that does not help, then start taking things out of your procedure to find out which piece of code is the problem.
When you found that piece of code, and if it still is not clear why it may be crashing, try switch on tracing and hope that the trace contains enough information to find out what the problem is.
Sorry that I can't be any more specific...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi gamp ,

Thanks a lot for your help. Now the weird part ,

few mins back our ETL team loaded the data into the tables. So this report is fetching the data. We are using two filters in this report. Whenever the filter condition does not satisfy , we display a user - friendly message ..saying blah blah. Please try again.

But here, whenever the filter condition is not satisfied.

Unknown error occurred.

ERROR:

This error crops up again. Please advice.. Is there any way to handle this error through FOC_ERR variable..??

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Again, crashes are happening for te weirdest reasons.
And, once an agent has crashed, there is no more processing going on in this agent.
So no, FOC_ERR is not available any more, because the agent that was running the request died.
Try tracing. It may shed some light.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi gamp ,

I am not able to get any clue using trace.. Is there any alternative to trace??
I used ECHO = ALL.. still no clue ...

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try SET XRETRIEVAL=OFF

This allows the server to parse code without actually doing any data retrieval. Sometimes this allows me to see the code that will run and related error messages without actually crashing the agent when it tries to retrieve data.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi fellas,

Is there a possibility that this error is due to a code problem?i have done enough research on this and not able to resolve this issue??

thank you very much

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Arvind,

If your fex has many DEFINE, TABLE, MATCH commands I would try the "salami" approach.

Put -EXIT after the first END and see what happens. As long as all goes well, move to the next END command. At some point you will crash again. Then you might be able to determine if there is a coding problem or a data problem.
Good luck!

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Arvind,

One more thing, as it's not clear that you understand tracing. ECHO = ALL is not tracing per se, it only gives you what code is being parsed and how. To turn on tracing you need to bring up the Client Server console and turn tracing components on there.

Don't forget to turn tracing off afterwards as you don't want to have zillions of trace files clogging up your server(s).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi danny , tony

Thanks a lot for your replies ,

I found out that the following where conditions are causing probs for me..These where conditions are used as listboxes in the report.

WHERE PRIMARY_BPO EQ &BPT.(OR(FIND PRIMARY_BPO IN T_ORA_APPL_PLN_V)).PRIMARY_BPO.;

WHERE LIFECYCLE_STAGE EQ &STATT.(OR(FIND LIFECYCLE_STAGE IN T_ORA_APPL_PLN_V)).LIFECYCLE_STAGE.;

These where conditions is populated using dynamic data . But when a static where condition is used . For eg WHERE LIFECYCLE_STAGE EQ 'Maintain'; Then this error does not occur.

Is there any alternative to these dynamic where clauses??

Thank you very much

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi ,

I found the issue causing this error . i am getting this error in a cross tab report . In the report , we calculate the count and % count of all the BPOs in different lifecycle Stages. For the calculation of % , the count is coming in the denominator. When the count is zero for a particular case , it becomes infinity.

The divide by zero problem is causing this server crash error i think .. Is there any way to resolve it ??? i am also doing research from my end..would really appreciate some guidance..

Thank you very much

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes. Do an IF statement to check if the denominator is 0. If it is, do not perform the calculation, and assign 0 or something to the field instead.

Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi fellas ,

Thanks a lot for your help , the issue is resolved finally. It was done by Webfocus Admin.

Smiler Big Grin

Cheers

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi friends ,

I am facing this issue again. Whenever i do

SET EMPTYREPORT = ON for a cross - tab report and when the user selects the values in the listbox such that the values do not satisfy the condition ,

I get the below error

Unknown error occurred.

ERROR:

Unknown error occurred.

ERROR:

Please advice

Thank you very much

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP

posted Hide Post
May be some block of code is going in to infinite loop. Check all the conditions one by one and try to print them.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
hi srinivask,

When i remove SET EMPTYREPORT = ON , the report works fine.. and the user friendly message is displayed when the search criteria is not matched.

So what could be the problem when i add the SET clause ??

Please advice

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP