Focal Point
Save your input parameters.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4341068331

May 28, 2005, 05:08 AM
<MoonLightWare>
Save your input parameters.
I am in the process of creating an application that will give developers, who create HTML pages, the ability to allow their users of that page to SAVE there input parameters, Recall them, and Delete them. I am trying to gather additional design info, feed back, and looking for beta tester. The parameters are currently being saved into a JDBC Database (type 4). It uses a set of keys to identify who owns them and to what HTML page they belong to. I am currently using the users IP Address to identify the owner. I am looking at that developers may need to identify who owns them such as cookies and html session variables. The ability to save the parameters is using pure JAVA and JDBC so it can be applied to ANY html page. It currently saves the following input types (TEXT, HIDDEN, CHECK BOXES, RADIO BUTTONS, AND SELECT (single and multiple)). If you know of any additional types that I should add please provide that or any feedback. If you would like to be a tester please send me a private mail message.

Thanks
May 29, 2005, 11:02 PM
GCohen
In WebFocus Release 7 if you have the User
Assisted Services (UAS) option there is a new
feature that saves all of the parameters on a Form. In this option each named user is identified and UAS provides for customization, and this makes the Save feature easy.
May 30, 2005, 11:22 PM
<MoonLightWare>
Thats Great, for Developers that have UAS. What I have developed can be used out side of UAS in a self-service appliations.