Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Server Migration from 762 to 769

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Server Migration from 762 to 769
 Login/Join

<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Production server - WF762
Test server - WF 769

Both Prodution and Test server are two diffent machine.I am trying to migrate the Sever setting from Production server drive:\ibi\srv762\wfs to Test server drive:\ibi\769\wfs. Do I have to manually copy this file from Prod to Test ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Vijaya_settu>,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If some one knows any different than this, I would like to know, but having gone through a similar scenario in the last few days, we could not find a way to do this other than manually. There are migrate tools, but that assumes that the install directories are on the same machine.
The only other thing I can think of is to copy the srv76 directory to your new Test box and then use the migrate tool, pointing to the "dummy" location of your copied directory.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any migration tools for the server? For WebFocus client (MRE and Dashboard and such) there are tools, but for the server?

The only thing that comes close is to use the 'Save Diagnostic' from the program menu. That will give you more than you need, but the relevant config files are in the created diag subdir. You would still have to move them manually though.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The server migration utility is available from the Workspace pulldown of the web console, 4th entry down. I have used it many times and it works great!

I think you only have to copy the wfs/bin and wfs/etc directories to the new box. I know I did that several years ago but I don't remember what the steps were.

I think it converts edaserve.cfg, odin.cfg, and edasprof.prf. If you made any customizations to the edastart script, you have to re-make those.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
<Vijaya_settu>
posted
Thank you all of you , I copied all these four files from prod to New server and modified according to New server setting. I checked the manual says only these four files to copy over.Did I miss any other stuff to copy "New Server".
1.edasprof.pf
2.edaserver.cfg
3.odin.cfg
4.profile

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny, for pointing me there. Never ever looked at that tool....

Vijaya,
It may be that there have been made other customizations in your server environment. I always advise people to track changes to these kind of installations in some config document, so that when you need to migrate or upgrade, you always know what has been changed. Usually these changes are made in the client environment, but it also possible to make changes to the server.
If no extra changes have been made, I think that the small list you have should be sufficient.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When we mentioned that they should be copied to the new server, it should be made clear that you should NOT just copy them over and use them in your new environment. The new configuration files may have many additional or different settings for the new version. They should be copied over in their same directory structure (so the migration tools know where to find them) and then you should allow the migration tools to gather your settings and place them in the appropriate locations in the new configuration files.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As I said before, make sure (and document as Gam said) you look at the edastart script. I know we have to put special stuff in ours for the Xserver implementation on Unix so that we can do graphs. That script is not 'migrated' using the tool.

And I totally agree with Darin.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post