Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] WF 8105M - BIP Created in 8007 - Certain Pages Do Not Render.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] WF 8105M - BIP Created in 8007 - Certain Pages Do Not Render.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We are on 8007, and have 8105M on a pilot box.

When I run our BIP's in 8105M, that were created in 8007, I see that 'certain pages' do not render.

I can see no difference between the BIP pages that do render and those that do not.

'Do not render', meaning when I click the page tab, the columns/panels/reports do not display. IE Programmer Tools reveals that no network traffic is sent from the BIP to the server upon the click.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

posted Hide Post
Deleting all the "Hidden Content" folders solved many issues when we upgraded to 8105M.

Posts: 23 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Case with IB opened.

@Teri - Thanks; I'm not sure what a 'hidden content' folder is. In any event, portals are built with the Portal Designer gui tool. I didn't see any 'hidden content' folders under the Portal node in the WF Portal directory tree.

Master
posted Hide Post
We are seeing the following error in the event.log file. The error appears simultaneously with the BIP page freeze.

Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (MYUSERID.SYS_C0053625) violated

Error Code: 1
Call: INSERT INTO BIP_COMPONENT_METADATA (BIP_COMPONENT_ID, BIP_COMPONENT_DEF_LANG, BIP_COMPONENT_ICON_PATH, BIP_COMPONENT_NAME, BIP_COMPONENT_STATE) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
	bind => [5 parameters bound]
Query: InsertObjectQuery(com.ibi.bip.persistence.BIP_ComponentMetadata@60d2a2c6)

Master
posted Hide Post
Per the 'WebFOCUS Upgrade Considerations Release 8.1 Version 05' manual:
quote:
As a result of architecture changes in WebFOCUS Business Intelligence (BI) Portals and
Favorites between WebFOCUS Release 8.0.x and WebFOCUS Release 8.1.x, conversion of
existing WebFOCUS Release 8.0.x Portals and Favorites is required.

Once our consultant ran the conversion, our BIP pages began to fully render.