Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HELP! Dashboard Text Editor is Corrupting Source Code

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HELP! Dashboard Text Editor is Corrupting Source Code
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
Is anybody else having problems with BID users (advanced analytical) editing WebFOCUS source code fex's and the dashboard text editor corrupting what they are trying to save? Specifically if there is a + (plus) in the source code anywhere, even in comments, it is getting written on the server with a blank replacing the +. We have tested this on multiple systems with multiple browsers and it is happening on each of them.

This has seriously crippled our production environment because our advanced analytical users are core language people and COMPUTE is used heavily. COMPUTE is hard to use without the addition operator! So fex's are getting corrupted every time they try to use COMPUTE and save it to disk, even though on the browser window it looks fine when they save.

A case has been opened but I want to know how other shops are dealing with this, and whether any one has developed a work around for this nasty, cruel bug?

Eric Wingert
University of Nebraska at Omaha
WF 7.6.2 Linux Server / Tomcat 5.5

Master
posted Hide Post
This fellow already posted about this

Did this happen on 7.1? Maybe a workaround would be to identify the component and replace it with the 7.1 component if it worked.

Does the Report Assistant (RA) mash the code as well as the Editor?

RA seems to be better in 7.6.2 in that the join facility works once you have entered code.

You might try playing around with the character set wf uses as a temp solution although I have never tried this myself.

It may seem a bit gauche to say this but your users could try coding A + B as A - (-B) until the fix!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammo1j,

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Loss of + is a bug. It is fixed. Contect techsupport.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Great! When will tech support let us know? We already posted it as a production-impaired (level 2) case, and it's been sitting with no activity since August 15.

This bug is hurting our production bad. We already committed to 7.6.2 back in July, and it was not flushed out until after we converted advanced analytical users to the dashboard, using the new domain tree content block. Who would have thought that a source code text editor would corrupt source code by changing the text? Anyway, we are committed to this deployment and report assistant doesn't work on code authored through the text editor, thus there is no workaround.

So can we get this bug fix? Please don't say that it will be issued as a hotfix in 7.6.4, due out in October. We need the fix now, if it is a replacement javascript file, I'll apply it manually. If it is embedded in a .jar file, I'll unpack the module and repack with the fix. But we REALLY need it now. Your response is the first we've heard that it is fixed.

-- Dan

Prod: WF 7.6.2 Linux BID/MRE/DataMigrator
Test: same

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
They didn't contact you yet because the fix was only validated in 764 by the product group yesterday. The fix has not hit their radar screen yet. I sometimes release info a little early in these forums. But I wanted to head off any further debugging and pain by the members.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Brian,

It is VERY MUCH appreciated. You folks are great.

Best Regards,

-- Dan

Prod: WF 7.6.2 Linux BID/MRE/DataMigrator
Test: same

Master
posted Hide Post
I checked and my 7.6.2 RA Editor gobbles the plus signs and swallows them, but the the MRE Applet editor is kind enough to spit them out again.

So this might be a temporary workaround...

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this thread. However, I am still waiting for a response in our online case management. I have not heard from anyone through the case management since Aug 9th on this topic and was hoping you would be able to give any update on this, and when the fix will be release,
Eric

Eric
WF 7.6.2 Linux Server / Tomcat 5.5