Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HOLD a GIF file
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi to all.
May I hold a gif file ?
I use

ON GRAPH HOLD AS myfile FORMAT GIF

but I get an HTML file with applet

I need a real GIF file.
Thanks in advance
Paolo

Posts: 36 | Location: Bologna Italy | Registered: March 11, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Setting GRAPHEDIT with SERVER value, WebFOCUS generates a GIF file.

SET GRAPHEDIT = SERVER
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM SALES
ACROSS COUNTRY
END

Regards,
Mikel

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the all important -

SET GRAPHSERVURL=http://[servername]/ibi_apps/IBIGraphServlet

which must have the 'http:' prefix although I understand a NFR has been requested to negate this.

Edited to add -

Or the IBIJAVAPATH system environment variable (don't forget to reboot the server after applying this!). Here is an example -

C:\j2sdk1.4.1_03\jre\bin\java -classpath C:\j2sdk1.4.1_03\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\ibi\WebFOCUS52\ibi_html\javaassist\IBIGifGraphChart.jar

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You may also set a SYSTEM variable called IBIJAVAPATH instead of using GRAPHSERVURL. We have WebFOCUS on Windows NT/2000 servers and we use IBIJAVAPATH in order to support Server Side Graphics. We are not using Servlets yet so SET GRAPHSERVURL is not an option for us at the moment.

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all to reply me. On Easter, I have been on holiday For my question, create a real gif file using ON GRAPH HOLD.. FORMAT GIF command, I Have just set and exported system variable IBIJAVAPATH in edastart, but I get html file with applet embedded insteade of GIF file.

Thanks Paolo

Posts: 36 | Location: Bologna Italy | Registered: March 11, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Setting GRAPHEDIT=SERVER do you still get the applet?

Regards,
Mikel

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I still get it
Regards
Paolo

quote:
Originally posted by Mikel:
[qb] Setting GRAPHEDIT=SERVER do you still get the applet?

Regards,
Mikel [/qb]

Expert
posted Hide Post
Busca, you might benefit from downloading the upgraded version of the Creating REports manual.
http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...etail.asp?docid=1038

Chapter 19 on Graphs has been augmented with nifty information, like how to save those gifs.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Susannah,
but in Italy we can't access to IBI technical support site and documentation because we necessary must to talk with Selesta that is the agent of IBI in Italy and Selesta hasn't a web support site like IBI.
I protested against this situation but I got a bad result.
However I have got wf 521 documentaion and I followed it with no success for GIF file

quote:
Originally posted by susannah:
[qb] Busca, you might benefit from downloading the upgraded version of the Creating REports manual.
http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...etail.asp?docid=1038

Chapter 19 on Graphs has been augmented with nifty information, like how to save those gifs. [/qb]

posted Hide Post
I am not sure if this will apply to you or not, but, we had this same problem. Our reporting server is on unix. What I had to do was to copy the IBIGifGraphChart.jar file to a directory I called gif_jar and set a unix environment variable called IBIJAVAPATH to point to that file. I also had to set a DISPLAY environment variable that java uses in unix to create gifs as well but once I did that it worked! I know this could also happen in NT and you would need to do the same to correct it.

What version of Reporting Server do you have?

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 22, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jenn
I tried it but it doesn't work
Paolo

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Finally I solved the problem.
It was a my mistake to export IBIJAVAPATH.
I forgot something.
The correct way is:

export IBIJAVAPATH="/usr/java131/bin/java -classpath /usr/java131/lib/dt.jar:/focus/eda/ibi/webfocus52/ibi_html/javaassist/IBIG
ifGraphChart.jar"

Thanks very much
and overall to Selesta css (Italian agent) that helped me to solve it.