Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] List of Procedures in a Folder

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] List of Procedures in a Folder
 Login/Join

posted
Good day,

First, my apologies if the answer to this is obvious. I've done quite a bit of searching, but haven't found an answer that works for me yet.

In WF 8105, is there a way in a procedure to get a list of procedures in a specific folder within the repository?

I've discovered that I can pass procedure or HTML names as the value in a drop down control on an HTML page. However, this requires that I put a list of procedures in the settings for the control (and then update it every time there is a change). I'd like to automate that by getting a list of the files in a fex and then set the controls source to the fex. From my searching so far, the closest thing I've found seems to be using RESTful web services. Unfortunately, that's a little beyond my skill level (I'm already way deeper into WebFocus than I have any business being!)

I feel like this should be fairly straight forward, but so far, no luck. Any "push" in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Patrick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.03, UNIX, HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, Teradata DB

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Depending on what dbms you've used for your repository, look for a table called WF_REPOSOBJ. You'll see what you're asking for.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
RESTFull services are availalbe for this.

Only drawback is that you might have to parse through all sub-folders.

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the text of a report I have that exports to Excel all repository objects. One of the columns is the content path. You will need to remove the reference to the style sheet but this should work for you! Hope that helps.

-*TABLE FILE WF_REPOSOBJ
-*PRINT *
-*END
-*-EXIT
SET BYDISPLAY=ON
JOIN
WF_CONTENT_REVS.WF_CONTENT_REVS.OBJ_HANDLE IN WF_CONTENT_REVS TO UNIQUE
WF_NLSOBJ.WF_NLSOBJ.OBJ_HANDLE IN WF_NLSOBJ TAG J2 AS J2
END
JOIN
WF_ITEM.WF_ITEM.HANDLE IN WF_ITEM TAG J3 AS J3
END
JOIN
WF_REPOSOBJ.WF_REPOSOBJ.HANDLE IN WF_REPOSOBJ TAG J4 AS J4
END
?FF WF_CONTENT_REVS

DEFINE FILE WF_CONTENT_REVS
ITEMTYPE/A24=DECODE WF_REPOSOBJ.WF_REPOSOBJ.OBJTYPE( 102 'Rpt Object FEX' 103 'Stylesheet' 106 'Help HTM' 107 'CSS' 109 'FEX' 110 'HTML' 113 'RC Schedule in WF8' 117 'URL' 4 OTHER 0 'Static web component' 301 'User Entry' 115 'RC Dist List' 118 'RC Library output');
VERTBAR/I2=POSIT(WF_CONTENT_REVS.WF_CONTENT_REVS.OBJ_HANDLE, 255, '|', 1, VERTBAR);
ReposName/A50=SUBSTR(255, WF_CONTENT_REVS.WF_CONTENT_REVS.OBJ_HANDLE, 1, (VERTBAR -1), 50, ReposName);
LReposName/I2=ARGLEN(50,ReposName, LReposName);
-*LObjDesc/I2=ARGLEN(50, OBJDESC, LObjDesc);
-*ObjFriendlyPath/A100=STRREP(100,PRT_PATH, LReposName, ReposName, LObjDesc, OBJDESC, 1000, ObjFriendlyPath);
END
TABLE FILE WF_CONTENT_REVS
PRINT
WF_CONTENT_REVS.WF_CONTENT_REVS.OBJ_HANDLE AS 'OBJHANDLE - If non-cryptic, then item was from migrated WF 7'
WF_CONTENT_REVS.WF_CONTENT_REVS.ReposName AS 'ReposName - If blank, was created in WF 8'
J4.WF_REPOSOBJ.LASTMODBY AS 'Last Modified'
J4.WF_REPOSOBJ.LASTMODON AS 'Last Modified Date/Time'
J4.WF_REPOSOBJ.ITEMTYPE
BY J4.WF_REPOSOBJ.PRT_PATH AS 'PRT_PATH - Full IBFS Path'
BY J2.WF_NLSOBJ.OBJDESC AS 'OBJDESC - Description'
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Common/Branding/np_gphc_theme.sty,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=N4,
WRAP=6.000000,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=N3,
WRAP=6.000000,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=N1,
WRAP=6.000000,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

WebFOCUS 8.2, Server 2008 R2, SQL 2014 data warehouse

Posts: 18 | Location: Daytona Beach | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We just query the repository in SQLServer Management Studio. However, if you don't have direct access to your database, using a SQLOUT works for us as well.

ENGINE SQLMSS SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION yourDatabaseServerName
SQL SQLMSS PREPARE SQLOUT FOR

SELECT [PRT_PATH], [OBJNAME]
FROM [Wf81repository].[dbo].[WF_REPOSOBJ]

END

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
WHERE PRT_PATH LIKE '/WFC/Repository/%';
END

This will bring back all files in all folders of the repository. To narrow the scope to just one folder, just change the LIKE statement in the WHERE clause to the folder that you would like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions all!! I think Rosie's version is most like what I'm looking for. Would seem I'll need to have someone create the master files for the repository for me though. Will give that a shot!

Patrick

WebFocus 8.2.03, UNIX, HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, Teradata DB