Focal Point
[CLOSE] Format dates & numbers according to client machine's Window Regional settings

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4367087906

September 15, 2011, 02:53 PM
Bruce Baum
[CLOSE] Format dates & numbers according to client machine's Window Regional settings
How does WebFOCUS leverage the Regional settings of the local client machine to control the display of dates and numbers?
For instance, dates in US are mm/dd/yyyy, but for Germany the format is dd.mm.yyyy
For numbers, US = xxx,xxx,xxx.xx while Germany would be xxx.xxx.xxx,xx
The "Regional and Language Options" Control Panel settings allows the user on the local machine to specify this preference. Does WebFOCUS use this setting?
I did not find anything in WF Help, Focal Point or Googling this topic. Can anyone provide an answer?
SET CDN ON only appears (from its description) to always -- regardless of client's regional settings -- display numbers as xxx.xxx.xxx,xx (or with quotes if that option is selected for CDN).
Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows XP, HTML
September 23, 2011, 02:19 PM
Kerry
Hi Bruce,

If you have not done so, you may want to open a case with Customer Support Services for assistance. Please either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
September 26, 2011, 12:29 PM
<JG>
Bruce,

What you have to remember is that WebFOCUS knows nothing about the client machine responsible for
issuing the request directly.

You explicitly set the CDN settings on your system so it is one or the other at the moment.

Have Norbert export the HTTP Header variable HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE via site.wfs as a WebFOCUS variable.

Based on that you can then make your procedures dynamic from both a date and CDN perspective.

If I remember I'll talk to him tomorrow.