Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Visual Discovery - Parabox Issues

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Visual Discovery - Parabox Issues
 Login/Join

posted
Is anyone using Visual Discovery & the Parabox? I have having a problemw here the bubbles in the parabox are only showing up as an outline instead of the full 3d looking bubble when more than one Visual Discovery page is open. I am also seeing set SetPixel errors and the whole thing crashes if you open a Visual Discovery page up in a new window and then open one up in a Tab off of the BID. Anyone have any suggestions?

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 22, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Jenn,

I checked with product manager and was recommended that this should be a case opened with Information Builders' Customer Support Services, and a reproduction of the issues is needed to open the case.

You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online InfoResponse.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have a case open for this and I haven't gotten any response yet. I am getting a little desperate since we need to have this working by the end of the week.

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 22, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you reduce the amount of data or the number of columns in the parabox. I've always had your problem above with parabox's with high amounts of data. I still use them and find them valuable, but I consolidate the data at a higher level to reduce that amount being consumed.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it that there is too many records in the data file that I am loading into the parabox?

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That would be my guess.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem. The bubbles in the parabox will most of the time show only the outlines, even if I limit to a very few number of records.
Has anyone discovered a solution? Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP
Output: HTML, XLS, PDF, Delimited Flat File

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen the exact same problem. Sometimes the bubbles are filled in and sometimes the bubbles are outlines only. Does not seem to be related to the size of the data or anything else.

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post