Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Portal Stylesheet not applied to chart headers.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Portal Stylesheet not applied to chart headers.
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I'm trying to format a heading within a chart while in a portal. I can format the heading within the chart itself, but I need it to be dynamic enough to pick up the colors from the style sheet used by the portal.

I've verified that the chart itself does not have any color to override the portal colors.

TYPE=HEADING,JUSTIFY=CENTER,FONT='Trebuchet MS',SIZE=12,STYLE=BOLD,$

My style sheet that the portal uses can change the background color, but the foreground color stays black even when I tell it to be white.

type=heading, size=10, style=bold,justify=left,backcolor=rgb(088 148 174),color=rgb(255 255 255),$

I need this to be dynamic as we have many clients using the same chart, but have different portals for branding.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Expert
posted Hide Post
No one has answered because we're as in the dark as you are regarding this subject.

The portal pages are styled using CSS style, not WF style, while your report is styled using WF style, not CSS style - never the twain shall meet.

Unless... here is a possible solution, but I haven't tested it. Add a class to your portal css file to style the chart heading. In your fex add SET CSSURL=style-sheet-name.css and in your fex WF style, use TYPE=HEADING, CLASS=class-name, $ for the chart heading. Of course, since you're now using a CSS style sheet as well as a WF style sheet, styling might get messed up. Alternatively, to avoid collision, create a css file with only the one heading class.

Until... someone better versed in WF 8 tells me this is all hooey.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Are you saying we shouldn't be using WebFOCUS STY files, but CSS for portals? I would rather use CSS files as I'm very failure with them, but this is something I've inherited and they are currently using STY to style their portals.

Just a little back ground on myself. I'm real new to WebFOCUS, about 2 weeks now. I'm replacing someone that has been doing it for a few years. However, I'm a software engineer with 17 languages under my belt over the last 20 years.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!

Master
posted Hide Post
I found the problem.. However, I think it's a bug. I removed the type=heading completely from the report. Even though it didn't reference the color, it was causing it to be black. I had only type=heading, $ in the chart and the font was still black. Soon as I removed it all together, it picked up the type=heading color that was in the portal sty file. Which is odd, because I could change the backcolor from the portals sty just not the foreground color until after I removed the type=heading all together from the chart itself.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Francis Mariani

I went back, created a basic portal and at the bottom, when I click "Change Stylesheet", it only has the option to pick up STY files, not CSS. Based on your comment, it makes it sound as if that shouldn't be the case. Can you please clarify?

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Oh well. My statement "The portal pages are styled using CSS style, not WF style" was supposed to be an educated guess, based on the fact that a "portal" is web based. But, contrary to my train of thought, a portal appears to be styled using WebFOCUS stylesheets. BUT, if you look at the GUI Portal builder Style tab, there appears to be styling options that cannot be replicated by WebFOCUS style. E.g. How are State "Normal", "Active" and "Hover" styled in a WF style sheet? I'm pretty sure that the GUI Portal builder Style tab is not generating WF style.

So I don't really know what's going on.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
A revised "educated" stab in the dark:

From the Portal Designer Interface documentation:

quote:
Dynamic Report Styling. When this property is enabled, all reports that run within the portal inherit their styling from the portal. Each portal theme has a default WebFOCUS StyleSheet (STY file). The default for each theme is the Medium1 version. An example is ENInformationBuilders_Medium1.sty. WebFOCUS 8 packages 54 new StyleSheets, six per portal theme, two light, two medium, and two dark. You can choose from any of the StyleSheets, as well as your own.
So, my guess is that you shouldn't have any styling in the reports that appear on the Portal, except for individual report-specific styling. As well, if you think some global styling is missing, add that styling to the style sheet selected by the "Change Stylesheet" button.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
I just went through a app branding training yesterday with IBI. They have an old tool, they updated. It's in HTML/JavaScript, but it will create all the CSS and STY files for you. The previous developers, used studio to click on objects and change colors, so there is a lot of hardcoding colors, we will now have to go in and remove. However, on this specific issue, all hardcoding was removed and it doesn't seem to be picking up what was in the stylesheet. I'm in the processing of cleaning this up so we can depend directly on style sheets instead of all the hardcoding. Maybe when I'm done it will correct whatever problem this is or at the very least bring to light if this is truly a bug or not.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!