Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Conditional Graph Hover text

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Conditional Graph Hover text
 Login/Join

posted
I have checked many threads and the closest i could only see one which was anything similar to my problem which was posted by fernando in 2007...

It's not a problem as such just a new requirement... i have a v-bar graph showing two columns each for 12 months... for the first size months i need a particular hover text and for the second six months i need a different hover text... problem is that i am getting all the values from the same two columns and sorting across the month column..

GRAPH FILE FIN_DATA
SUM
ACTUALS AS 'ACTUALS'
FORECASTS AS 'FORECASTS'
BY MONTH COLUMNS 'JAN' AND 'FEB' .....

the hover text for the actuals is ACTUALS JAN+VALUE etc and similar for forecast... but from jun onwards i need the hover text to change from "Actuals ... " to "60 day ...." based on a condition?

Is this possible?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
UNIX
HTML,PDF,EXL2K

Master
posted Hide Post
Search for these two methods in this forum, it will help you
"setDeveloperToolTip" and "setUserToolTip"

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think that you can have differing texts in the tooltips, just "one rule for all" using standard WF.

However, you might be able to programatically change the tooltips using the Java Perspective (which is the graphing engine used in 7.1.4). Google "ThreeDGraphics" and from their main page look for the Java Perspective manual.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you split your data into two fields, one for pre-Jun one for Jun onwards, can you set a different hover text for each of the fields?

You may fall into additional issues with a legend though, because although the graph can be styled so the user won't know there are now three fields not two, a legend may give you away.

Just a thought

WF 7.6.11
Output: HTML, PDF, Excel

Posts: 123 | Location: UK | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How does the tooltip differ from the first 6 months to the next?

Here is an example that may, or may not help.

It has a User Tooltip, and something slightly different for highlighting sections of the chart.
GRAPH   FILE EMPLOYEE
 SUM    CNT.EMP_ID
 ACROSS HIRE_DATE
 ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR
 ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT OFF
 ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *

-* User Tooltip
setToolTipMode(false);
setUserToolTip("Object Name:[ON][R]Object ID:[OID][R]Object Instance:[OIN][R]Object Description:[OD][R]Series Label:[SL][R]Group Label:[GL][R]X Value:[XV][R]Y Value:[YV][R]Z Value:[ZV]");

-* Alternate Frames
setDisplay(getO1AltFmtFrame(), true); 
setAltFmtFrameNumColors(getO1AltFmtFrame(), 2); 
setAltFmtFrameSeparator(getO1AltFmtFrame(0), 5.0); 
setDisplay(getO1AltFmtFrame(0), true); 
setDisplay(getO1AltFmtFrame(1), true); 
setFillColor(getO1AltFmtFrame(0), new Color(255,221,221)); 
setFillColor(getO1AltFmtFrame(1), new Color(221,255,221));

-* Annotation 1
setDisplay(getAnnotation(0), true);
setTextString(getAnnotation(0), "Jan-Jun");
setFillColor(getAnnotation(0), new Color(128,0,0));
setRect(getAnnotation(0),new Rectangle(-14000,11000,9000,1800));
setFontSizeAbsolute(getAnnotation(0),true);
setFontSizeInPoints(getAnnotation(0),15.0);

-* Annotation 2
setDisplay(getAnnotation(1), true);
setTextString(getAnnotation(1), "Jul-Dec");
setFillColor(getAnnotation(1), new Color(0,128,0));
setRect(getAnnotation(1),new Rectangle(0,11000,15000,1800));
setFontSizeAbsolute(getAnnotation(1),true);
setFontSizeInPoints(getAnnotation(1),15.0);
 ENDSTYLE
END

If you want the User Tooltips, GRAPHEDIT needs to be set to OFF

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Tony, this page ThreeDGraphics you are mentioning really useful. Thanks.

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Waz,

Excellent suggestion, I am thinking that this should put to tip & technique, yes?

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012