Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] ACROSS Column Total Headings in AHTML

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] ACROSS Column Total Headings in AHTML
 Login/Join

posted
Good morning!

I have a report structured similarly to the following:

TABLE FILE CAR
	SUM
		COMPUTE PROFIT/D6 = RETAIL_COST - DEALER_COST;
		COMPUTE AREA/D6 = LENGTH * WIDTH;

BY COUNTRY
	ACROSS SEATS NOPRINT SUMMARIZE
	ACROSS BODYTYPE

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
END

When this is run in 8.1, you'll notice there's no "Total" heading over the last two columns. Does anyone have any ideas to get that populated with... anything?? A couple things to consider:
- SEATS is roughly being used as a sort in this example, and is necessary
- I opted to use SUMMARIZE as the real report is including a percentage calc that can't be summed in the total
- Reverting to a regular HTML report would require a pretty hefty rebuild, which is the worst-case scenario for now
- Company is upgrading to 8.2 in the very near future, and if this is a non-issue in the newer version I can leave it be until then

Thanks in advance!
Jay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Ervin,

WebFOCUS 8.1/8.2, Windows 10/Server 2012

Posts: 24 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: April 30, 2019Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just ran this in 8206 and still have no TOTAL label over the last 2 columns either in AHTML or HTML. Are you saying this used to work differently in the past?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
I just ran this in 8206 and still have no TOTAL label over the last 2 columns either in AHTML or HTML. Are you saying this used to work differently in the past?

Nope, I've never gotten this one to work, but I've only been able to test in 8.1. Thank you for confirming it's no good in 8.2 either!

Posts: 24 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: April 30, 2019Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The issue is not with the output format or any WF version.
It's regarding the fact that your ACROSS SEATS is a NOPRINT. Remove that and you will have the word "TOTAL" displayed above for the last two columns

The below may be an alternative where you create your own across total

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
    DEALER_COST
    LENGTH
    WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY SEATS
BY BODYTYPE
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMP1
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
    DEALER_COST
    LENGTH
    WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY TOTAL COMPUTE SEATS /I3 = 99;
BY TOTAL COMPUTE BODYTYPE /A12 = 'Total';
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMP2
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE TMP1
SUM RETAIL_COST
    DEALER_COST
    LENGTH
    WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY SEATS
BY BODYTYPE
ON TABLE HOLD AS RPTDATA
MORE
FILE TMP2
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE RPTDATA
SUM COMPUTE PROFIT/D6 = RETAIL_COST - DEALER_COST;
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS SEATS NOPRINT
ACROSS BODYTYPE
END
-RUN

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
    DEALER_COST
    LENGTH
    WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY SEATS
BY BODYTYPE
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMP1
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
    DEALER_COST
    LENGTH
    WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY TOTAL COMPUTE SEATS /I3 = 99;
BY TOTAL COMPUTE BODYTYPE /A12 = 'Total';
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMP2
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE TMP1
SUM RETAIL_COST
    DEALER_COST
    LENGTH
    WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY SEATS
BY BODYTYPE
ON TABLE HOLD AS RPTDATA
MORE
FILE TMP2
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE RPTDATA
SUM COMPUTE PROFIT/D6 = RETAIL_COST - DEALER_COST;
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS SEATS NOPRINT
ACROSS BODYTYPE
END
-RUN

That'll work! Thanks!