Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] incorrect fonts in graph

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] incorrect fonts in graph
 Login/Join

posted
we have a a 2 tier test environment and a 3 tier production environment. Both are running the same version of SUSE Linux and the same JAVA version and the same WF versions 7.6.7 the problem is the test environment prints arial fonts just fine while the same code cannot print and changes the font to sans serif font which is very difficult to read. I have checked and cannot find any differences within the JAVA settings or the WF code. so it looks like while the graph is being rendered it cannot find the correct font and uses the default font, but is there a way to find where it is looking for the fonts and point it in the right path?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6.7
Suse Linux
Excel PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you using the Xserver option on both boxes? That might be something to look into.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am using headless it works in 2 out of 3 environments.

Webfocus 7.6.7
Suse Linux
Excel PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Ask your Admin to ensure that the same code pages / character sets in all environments... Perhaps the offending environment is missing Arial...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the admin and I have checked all the paths and codesets and pages are the same in all environments. does someone know how the graph is generated in a Linux environment? I am wondering how the graph is rendered from a webfocus standpoint how is the data passed to java any ideas?

Webfocus 7.6.7
Suse Linux
Excel PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
I would assume the Linux config is pretty much the same as a generic UNIX config. Since you are the admin, I assume you have checked out the post-installation tasks in chapter 6 of the installation guide related to the headless option. If you have, then I'd recommend that you open a case with IBI so that they can walk you through comparing the two configurations. Sometimes it takes another pair of eyes.

Sorry I can't be of more help. We use an Xserver here.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been working with the support team and we have not found a solution yet

Webfocus 7.6.7
Suse Linux
Excel PDF