Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Issue with Query generation from Masterfile.
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
[CLOSED] Issue with Query generation from Masterfile.
 Login/Join
 
Member
posted
Hi,
I have noticed an issue with the SQL that is being generated from a Master file.
Info: We have a Masterfile which will use few tables to fetch some data from DB. This is working as expected in Dev and stage environments with Oracle as the DB.
Of late we had a new data source (Exadata) and when we run the same report/master file it is getting broken with an SQL error. We noticed that all the table names are same in both the DB's and there is a missing parenthesis.
Need your assistance here in understanding what would be the problem. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,


WebFOCUS 7.7.05 and 8.x
Windows, All Outputs
 
Posts: 27 | Registered: December 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
What are the ORA messages ?

And can you post the Pre and Post generated SQL ?


Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.06OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

 
Posts: 6275 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Below is the error message i am getting from the caster log.
Task error: SQLCODE IS 942 (HEX: 000003AE)
No report to distribute.

When I take the query and run in from TOAD it is missing a parenthesis. When I manually keep it, query is getting executed in TOAD.
My undertanding is that the SQL will be created from Masterfile when the report is executed. If so, why is that missing parenthesis.
But in other dev environments it is preparing the right query with our any issues.


WebFOCUS 7.7.05 and 8.x
Windows, All Outputs
 
Posts: 27 | Registered: December 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Did you try creating master file using Synonym editor by directing fetching it from Exadata instead of reusing master files created from Oracle.

Thanks,
Ram
 
Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Technically Prabhakar, the SQL is generated by the adapter.

Can you provide a copy of your FEX and run a SQL trace and provide that as well. This will help us point you in the correct direction as your message is pretty vague. There are usually ways to tweak your FOCUS code so that SQL can be generated more efficiently as not everything translates properly into Oracle. This might be in your procedure or ultimately this could be in your metadata, depending how much you tweak your metadata and whether you include any define fields or not. But the best way for us to be able to move forward though is to get the ORA message, the procedure, and the SQL output.


Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
 
Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the masterfile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prabhakar,


WebFOCUS 7.7.05 and 8.x
Windows, All Outputs
 
Posts: 27 | Registered: December 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Issue with Query generation from Masterfile.

Copyright © 1996-2018 Information Builders, leaders in enterprise business intelligence.