Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] BI Portal, change tab names

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] BI Portal, change tab names
 Login/Join

posted
Hi!

The scenario is as follows:

-Our client needs to translate their whole production portal deployments (only 2 portals, actually) to several languages.

-We set everything so we're able to retrieve the user selected language by means of &IBIWF_language.

-The portals theirselfs have several tabs, which were developed by means of HtmlComposer html pages, which we will be able to translate (I guess).

Yet, I wonder how to change the tab names itself to be in the language the user selected.

Is there any way to accomplish this that does not rely on traversing the dom in runtime with jquery?

[btw, I bet a beer with my coworkers that Francis Mariani would be the one to answer. Don't let me down, Francis!]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: glezo,

WebFOCUS 8, Win/*NIX, B.I.Portal, *SQL, all outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I can answer but you won't like it!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
well, any help is always welcome, francis, so feel free to answer!

thanks by the beer you made me win Wink

Expert
posted Hide Post
I do not see any documentation for "WebFOCUS National Language Support" for B.I. Portal in WF 8.0.08.

It doesn't appear the WF 8.1.05M documentation has anything.

I'm forbidden from seeing the WF 8.2.01 documentation.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
glezo,

are the tabs that need to be translated a part of the Portal or the HTML called by the Portal?

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
a part of the portal, created with the "Edit portal" web application.

btw: if it helps, the version we're using is 8.0.08

thanks!

posted Hide Post
I'm SO, SO fool.

In the BIPortal page, just right click a portal, translations, and you can find a nice xml file.
Manually editing that xml is just fine for what we need, so I'll close this topic.

Thank u so much anyway!

Expert
posted Hide Post
So, you can simply add different language tags and based on the language selected on the server (?) the appropriate labels are displayed?

<translation id="PAGE-ICQAGS5F1VEDCJV8I4837" language="en_US" key="name" value="Deployment"/>
<translation id="PAGE-ICQAGS5F1VEDCJV8I4837" language="fr" key="name" value="Déploiement"/>

This is very interesting! So I stand corrected.

Did you find documentation on this?

Francis

posted Hide Post
Hi, Francis!

I have my WebFOCUS client configured as multilanguage, with both english and spanish marked as offered to the user.
Due to this, the xml displayed has entries for en_US and es_ES.
Just by editing the value fields of the xml and selecting a different language, it reloads the portal with the selected language.

Yet, have into account that, as of 8.0.08, the amount of portal languages is quite limited. There's not options for catalán, euskera and some others we need.

I actually didnt find any documentation about this on the official pdf papers (for version 8.1.5, if I recall)

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That indeed is interesting. I guess I never noticed that translations option in the portal, thanks for that tidbit! Also thanks for the language lesson, I had to Google Euskera Smiler.

Glezo, to close out the request please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the title.

JC
WebFOCUS Dev Studio / App Studio
Windows 7

Posts: 146 | Registered: November 09, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
FYI - be aware that changing the translations XML can throw the portal out of sync with the repository tables. Make sure no one else is making any changes while you're updating the file. And back up your repository before changing the translations.xml.

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML

Posts: 65 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 17, 2012Report This Post