Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Send email from fex
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I know you can use reportcaster to send emails but is it possible to send an email which is generated via a .fex file?

I basically create a page (html or whatever output chosen for the fex output) that gives the user two options.

Clicking the left button or link sends an email including some variables from the fex to a specified address

Clicking the right button or link sends an email including some other variables and some constants to a specified address.

We do not have php or other scripting available to us (unless I figured out how to write my own jsp pages and put them into worp).

Is there a built-in way to send email from within a fex wihout using reportcaster?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you have IE, click on File, Send, Page by Email;
i just sent your post page to you.
See if you get it.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I got your email but I have the same problem with this as I do with using a <a href="sendto:..."> is that it integrates directly with your email program.

Our email program is Groupwise and it doesn't seem to want to play nice with IE or any of our browsers for that matter.

Thank you for the response but it doesn't look like this will work for us.

Thanks again,

Expert
posted Hide Post
rats.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
This is an example of mailto as well.

Are you on a windows pc? Have you set up GroupWise as your default email program?

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

-SET &AAA_User_ID = 'TEST1';
-SET &RQ_User_ID = 'TEST2';
-SET &RQ_User_Name = 'JOHN';
-SET &RQ_Email_Add = 'JOHN.J@SOMEWHERE.COM';
-SET &P_Action = 'ADD';
-SET &P_User_ID = 'TEST3';
-SET &User_Name = 'JAMES';
-SET &ErrReason = 'Error reason one';

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
_html_
_head_
_title_Test_/title_
_script language="JavaSScript"_

var vMsg = 'User Administration Rejection Notification';
window.defaultStatus = vMsg;

var AAA_User_ID = '!IBI.AMP.AAA_User_ID;';
var RQ_User_ID = '!IBI.AMP.RQ_User_ID;';
var RQ_User_Name = '!IBI.AMP.RQ_User_Name;';
var RQ_Email_Addr = '!IBI.AMP.RQ_Email_Add;';
var P_Action = '!IBI.AMP.P_Action;';
var P_User_ID = '!IBI.AMP.P_User_ID;';
var User_Name = '!IBI.AMP.User_Name;';
var ErrReason = '!IBI.AMP.ErrReason;';

var MailtoURL =
'mailto:' + RQ_User_Name + ' [' + RQ_Email_Addr + ']' + // mailto Name + email address
'?Subject=User Admin Reject Notification' + // mail subject
'&|Body=' + 'Dear ' + RQ_User_Name + ' (' + RQ_User_ID + ')'+ ',\%0A\%0A' + // mail body
'Your ' + P_Action + ' request for User ID ' + P_User_ID +
' has been rejected for the following reason:\%0A\%0A' +
ErrReason + '\%0A\%0ARegards,\%0A\%0A' + User_Name + ' (' + AAA_User_ID + ')';

function SendEmail()
{
window.location = MailtoURL;
window.close();
}
_/script_
_/head_

_body_
_center_
_br_
_span class="cssTabHeading"_Modification Rejection Notification_/span_
_br__br_
_p class="cssMsg2"_Please press Send to edit and send an email to the requesting System Administrator_/p_
_form action="" method="post"_
_input class=cssButton type=button value="Send" onCClick="SendEmail();"_
_/form_
_/center_
_/body_
_/html_
-HTMLFORM END
-EXIT

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your responses but they can't help me since they all revolve around using an integrated mail client. Our mail client is Groupwise which, in our current configuration, doesn't play nice with the mailto: option of web pages.

Does anyone have any other solutions to sending an email through a .fex file? I know how to do it in php and have even done it in coldfusion but as I said we don't have those available to us.

Thanks

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is probably a dead post by now, but have you tried using one of the Mailto integraters that are out there? Not sure on specifics, but I remember reading about it when I was researching a groupwise project about a year or so ago.

Posts: 157 | Location: Secaucus, NJ | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post