Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WF 8.0.08 Change Management Export/Import - With Subtree option

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WF 8.0.08 Change Management Export/Import - With Subtree option
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
In the source environment, I created a package for one fex that is located in a folder that does not exist in the target environment. I ran the import process in the target environment and got this error: Item parent folder does not exist

Back in the source environment, I'm trying to edit the export package by adding the folder. I want to add the folder the structure that the one fex is in - without adding all the fexes in the folder. So, I add the main folder, and uncheck the "With Subtree" checkbox. I assume this means to create the folder upon import. Now, all the fexes within the sub-folders are not available for selection - they're all struck through. It seems to me that this means all fexes will be added to the export package. In the Explorer, checking/unchecking "With Subtree" makes no difference to the appearance of the items within the folder.

Any ideas?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

No solution but we did open a case for the parent folder not existing problem and they are looking at it.

It's annoying and we have ended up with items that we did not want in our QA environment and had to go back and delete them.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Fantastic.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
We had this issue as well. It first came to light because we had our server node names different in each environment(don't ask me why).

We opened a case with IBI and put in a NFR to have more 'manipulation' capabilities in the CM GUI.

Our way around this was a simple fix. Go into your export folder and edit the export files repos.xml and repostree.xml. Just need to edit the path to where you want it in your target environment.

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML

Posts: 65 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 17, 2012Report This Post