Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Adding line break in column title

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Adding line break in column title
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,
i have used DECODE to add additional text to a column titel. now the titles are very long and the costumer
wants a line break at specific places. how can i a achieve this goal???

Christian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF Production Version: 7.7.02M
WF Test Version: 7.7.02M
Developer Studio: 7.7.02
HTML, EXL2K, FLEX, PDF,PPT

Posts: 156 | Location: Essen Germany | Registered: December 02, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just add a comma to the title.
Example:
MONTH/A6 =DECODE MONTH( 200501 'Jan,05' 200502 'Feb,05')

-Hari
WF-769

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Use can use ( ,) to break the title in multiple lines . Please check the below code

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR AS 'CAR, TITLE'
COUNTRY AS 'COUNTRY, TITLE'
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
END

Thanks
Gobinath Velusamy

WebFOCUS 7610
Windows

Posts: 121 | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Christian, this is very basic stuff, you may want to get your self onto a course.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Waz nice idea with the course. In Germany WebFocus is not a big player in BI, i think Information Builders germany has 15 Consultans. it is not so easy to get a training for a comman price. The Comma does not work, i have additinal text in () breakets. And i think between these () the comma does not work.
Christian

Posts: 156 | Location: Essen Germany | Registered: December 02, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Christian,

Can you post your code here (only the DECODE function).

Danke

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
atturhari,

here is my code:
VERTEILER_DESC/A500=DECODE VERTEILERLISTE('BLA vor Ort' 'BLA vor Ort (BLA vor Ort; abc defgh dfghjkl dc fff ttt ttt mmm eeee eeeee ttttt tttt tt mit nnnnnn)');

i would like to have the line brak after the fff, sorry for the cryptic code, but it is sensitiv stuff!!

Christian

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Christian,

I dont see any problem in breaking the column title.

If you can tell us how you use DECODE function for your column title, we can figure out what causes the problem.

Here's the sample code,
-SET &TITLE = '(BLA vor Ort; abc defgh dfghjkl dc fff, ttt ttt mmm eeee eeeee ttttt tttt tt mit nnnnnn)';
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
COUNTRY AS '&TITLE'
END

-Hari
WF-769

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The simple use of comma in the decode does not work here.
The decoded field is a new field value and will be used in an ACROSS statement.
The use of a comma to break a field only works in an AS command.

There might be an other solution by breaking up the decoded value into 2 different fields and use those fields both in the across.

But I also do remember there was an other option. I saw that here on focalpoint.
Did you do a search ?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
found it

DECODEDFIELD/A100=DECODE FIELD(A 'verlong string A' B 'Very long string B' C' 'all the other longs strings' );
VERYLONGSTRING/A110 = PARAG(100, DECODEDFIELD, '\', 15, 'A110');

PART1/A15 = GETTOK(VERYLONGSTRING, 40, 1, '\', 15, 'A15');
PART2/A15 = GETTOK(VERYLONGSTRING, 40, 2, '\', 15, 'A15');
PART3/A15 = GETTOK(VERYLONGSTRING, 40, 3, '\', 15, 'A15');
etc

Now you can use the 3 or more splitted fields in your across

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Frank,

thank you i will try that!! you are absolutely right, the simple comma did not work!!
Greetings and nice weekend to all!!

Christian

Expert
posted Hide Post
One option is to TABLE HOLD with the ACROSS, it will create columns. Then TABLE the result, and you can control the width by normal means.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post