Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Field Expansion doesn't reflect on Maintain form

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Field Expansion doesn't reflect on Maintain form
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have to admit I didn't research this at length (it's 2:00AM and I am tired).

I just rebuilt a focus database to expand a field. I recompiled the maintain application that uses it and verified that the field is correct in the datasource and all its corresponding stacks. But, the textboxes on the forms that the field is bound to is still using the old field length. I did find out that if I rebind the field to the textbox it takes the new length. But, I have several of these textboxes - is there a one-shot-deal way to do this?

WF 714

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Anatess

Not that I am aware of. It is the act of binding that sets the length on the form. The form does seem dislocated from the actual code and that is because the code relies on the mfd to function, the form doesn't. Maybe that appraoch is correct as your careful layout could be effected without you realising it.

Sometimes in these circumstances I will change the code direct in the .mnt file with a text editor, but this is dangerous and not recommended.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I respect that you guys are programming after midnight. I haven't done that since college!

There actually is a multi-selection property sheet for input fields, but you have to be careful. You have to first Ungroup the fields from the text prompts. Once you have done that, you can multi-select the input fields and change some properties. There is no length property, but you can change the Right property and increase the length of all the fields.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Ahh geez. I went ahead and rebound everything one by one by one. I got done at 4:00AM, no telling what I missed!
Actually, I didn't want the textbox size to change. I just want the limit to reflect the mfd length. It is set to scroll if the length of the input field is longer than the size of the textbox.
Alan, I had thought of changing the .mnt file - even went so far as copying it out to my desktop - then went chicken.
Mark, thanks for the tip! I can definitely use that on some other thing I'm working on. I'm working past midnight because I'm still on a learning curve. When I get to be a Maintain Wizard, I'm hoping I can go to happy hour again! Yoo hoo!
Thank you both for your help.

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post