Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Copyright Symbol on 7.7.02

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Copyright Symbol on 7.7.02
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all
We are in the process of upgrading from WebFOCUS 7.1.7 to 7.7.02.
One of the issues that we are facing is related to the display of Copyright symbol on the reports. We had used the following code to display © (the Copyright symbol) on version 7.1.7:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COMPUTE
FOOT1/A20 = CTRAN(1,' ',32,184,FOOT1);
BY CAR
END

However, when the same code is used on ver. 7.7.02, it returns the Question Mark (?) symbol instead of the expected copyright symbol.
Please let me know if anyone has encountered this issue before and/or if I am missing anything here.

Thanks for your help in advance…

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Are your NLS settings the same?

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The NLS settings seem to be the same. I checked in one of our 7.1.7 environments and the Language and Currency settings tie back, unless there is anything else that you want me to verify...

Thanks

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This was resolved by using &|copy; instead of CTRAN function. Pointer - Tony's Post

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COMPUTE
FOOT1/A20 = '&|copy;';
BY CAR
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
""
"END

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syed:
This was resolved by using &|copy; instead of CTRAN function. Pointer - Tony's Post

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COMPUTE
FOOT1/A20 = '&|copy;';
BY CAR
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
""
"END

Syed,

Try using 169 instead of 184 for the Copyright symbol. That should work. Atleast it did for me.

Dave.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows Web Server 2008
MS SQL Server 2000
Excel,CSV,PDF,HTML

Posts: 71 | Location: Kingston, ON | Registered: May 03, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think this is probably a code page issue.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The NLS code page settings are set 3 places:
1. Reporting Server on Configuration ->Miscellaneous - > NLS
2. WebFocus Client (Administration) Console: Configuration -> NLS Settings
3. Report Caster Configuration: General Tab -> DServer Codepage

You want to use the same code page (ie 137 or whatever you use) in each place.

You can test from Reporting Server Console to see if you get the character back correctly there, if so you have the right codepage in 1.

To see it in the browser, Excel and PDF etc, you need it additionally set right in 2.

To see it in Report Caster you need it additionally set correctly in 3.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
All right.. I have been struggling to log in to Focal Point after I changed my email address preferences.. as it turned out to be, the confirmation email was being sent to my 'SPAM' folder Frowner

Anyway, N. Selph, I did give your points a try - #1 works from Server Console. So I went on to #2 and made the NLS settings on Client console the same as the one in Reporting Server Console (#1). That still did not resolve the issue... I am getting '?' instead of the Copyright symbol when I run it from Dev Studio.

@dburton - 169 gives the same result.. no good Frowner

For now, we have communicated to our business that we will be using '(c)' instead of the Copyright symbol on the reports. I may open a case with IBI to get it fixed, but for now I will have to focus on upgrade activities in the project Sweating

All - thanks for your inputs !

posted Hide Post
This is a change in behavior in 7702 and I have already opened a case. Are you using code page 437 or 137 ?

WebFOCUS 7.7.0.2, 8.0.0.2M ,win XP, win 2008 servers

Posts: 2 | Location: St Louis, MO | Registered: February 05, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am using 137.

Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
Syed, even though Pat has opened a case, you should open one anyway, as it will be RDUPed, and will give weight to the case.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post