Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ACROSS is not styled correctly on output in HTML

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ACROSS is not styled correctly on output in HTML
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have my ACROSS Value styled so that it has a thick border around it and background colored a blueish color and text centered. In the report painter it looks fine, except for the centering. But when I run the report, the Across title and value are not styled at all, just black and white default.

The Across field is a defined field, does this have something to do with it? Can you not style a defined across field?

I really need at a minimum the borders around it so that you can tell what columns the across values are for.

TYPE=ACROSSVALUE,
SIZE=8,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE,
ACROSS=1,
BORDER=HEAVY,
BACKCOLOR=RGB(154 171 241),
STYLE=NORMAL,
JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE,
COLUMN=ROWTOTAL(1),
BACKCOLOR=RGB(234 234 255),

Rob M.
Target Corporation

WF 7.1.4

Posts: 73 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: August 08, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Flynn:
Hello Rob M. from Target,

Welcome to the WebFOCUS world!

As a newbie, we ask that you do the following(this is my designated week to ask):

Please update your signature using the following steps:

** Update signature
1) Logon to Focal Point and go into your complete profile.
2) Scroll down the page until you see the “Signature” field.
3) Fill in the signature you want to use. Here is a sample to model:

Prod: WebFOCUS 5.2.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI Mode
Test: WebFOCUS 7.1 on Win 2K/IIS 6/Weblogic 8.1/Servlet Mode

4) Once all changes are made/added, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Submit button.

At the top is a SEARCH tab, click on it, type in ACROSSTITLE, click GO.

Also, there are pages of examples using ACROSS styling. We try to urge new WebFOCUS folk to try out the Search feature first...

Not trying to be mean, we are all glad to have you. "YOU" finding the answer may be more beneficial than someone fixing code...

Tom

Thanks Tom, I have been on these boards for awhile now. I know how to search and ALWAYS use the search first.

I tried searching first and didn't find anything solid.

I was thinking the defined field had something to do with it, so that is why I created a new post.

Rob M.
Target Corporation

WF 7.1.4

Posts: 73 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: August 08, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Does this help? I styled the acrosstitle and acrosscolumn the same except the color.
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM 
     CNT.EMP_ID AS 'COUNT,EMP_ID'
BY COURSE_CODE
ACROSS DEPARTMENT
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     FONT='ARIAL',
     SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
     SIZE=12,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABFOOTING,
     SIZE=12,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     SIZE=12,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=FOOTING,
     SIZE=12,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
     SIZE=10,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBFOOT,
     SIZE=10,
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
     BACKCOLOR=RGB(210 210 210),
$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE,
     BORDER-TOP=HEAVY,
     BORDER-BOTTOM=HEAVY,
     BORDER-LEFT=HEAVY,
     BORDER-RIGHT=HEAVY,
     SIZE=9,
     BACKCOLOR=RGB(198 210 253),
$
TYPE=ACROSSTITLE,
     BORDER-TOP=HEAVY,
     BORDER-BOTTOM=HEAVY,
     BORDER-LEFT=HEAVY,
     BORDER-RIGHT=HEAVY,
     BACKCOLOR=RGB(17 122 238),
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL,
     BACKCOLOR=RGB(210 210 210),
     STYLE=BOLD,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rob

maybe a small suggestion to increase the readability of the posts.
If you put your codes and examples between
[ CODE]
[ /CODE] (leave put the spaces)

you get this
code better readable

instead of just text...

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post