[CLOSED] Self-Serve Page need to run in Chrome instead of IE11
We currently have several self-serve pages and dashboards that are currently run in Windows 7, IE11. We are currently experiencing some problems running our newly created dashboards. Unfortunately, our company has no plans on upgrading to a later version of IE. That being the csse, we need to run in Chrome. Presently, when we open a self-serve page in Chrome, the page displays out of alignment and some of the data overlaps making the screen display distorted.
Does anyone know what can be done to get our pages to display properly in Chrome? Thanks.
App Studio 8201, Windows 7, IE11This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
WF 8201, Windows 7 Oracle DBMS EXL07/PDF Output
February 26, 2019, 03:31 AM
My guess is that Chrome is actually doing it right and IE11 doesn't.
What helped here ( to align the looks in IE11 and Chrome ) is to add this to all htmls:
We found that IE for some reason assumes that webpages on an intranet aren't important enough for companies to keep up with all new browser-features. So for intranet site automatically the browser is set to some 'compatibilty-mode' ( thanks a lot microsoft ! ). That meta-tag tell it otherwise.
And the style forces IE to think like Chrome. If an element is 100px, it's 100px. And not 102px if you add a 1px border.
Good luck, dave
_____________________ WF: 184.108.40.206 > going 220.127.116.11
March 01, 2019, 09:16 AM
Thanks so much. I'll give it a try and let you know how I make out.