Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Full Vertical line separating each ACROSS section in PDF?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Full Vertical line separating each ACROSS section in PDF?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I used the search feature but didn't find what I was looking for... Mikel example with CSS and Web focus Styles mixed is interesting but doesn't seem to work in PDF.

I have a report with 5 ACROSS sections and I would like to have a vertical line from top to bottom separating each ACROSS section (including subtotal and grand total if possible):

_______________|ACROSS1_|ACROSS2_|ACROSS3_|...
field1__field2____|_values__| values___| values___|
________field2__|_values__| values___| values___|
Subtotal_______|_values__| values___| values___|
Total__________|_values__| values___| values___|

(Sorry this is the best I could do in HTML)

I tried Grid and border but only the first across section gets a line and it breaks between each value... Right now I'm using a field with value '|' and AS '|' but it's not great. Frowner

Is there a way to do that in PDF format?

Thanks Smiler

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
STYLESHEET syntax (for PDF and PS):
TYPE=type, {HGRID|VGRID}={ON|OFF|HEAVY}, $

(techsupport.informationbuilders.com/
ibase/masterindex/html/html_wf_53/wf53crlang/
cr26_pagelayout9.htm#1028133)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks but like I said VGRID doesn't work properly with ACROSS, It only put a grid around the first ACROSS value, I don't know why?

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ah yes. Sounds like DATA is translated to a list of column (field) names, and she just includes the first hit on each.

But I recall there is either an explicit TYPE keyword for across-column-data; or a way of referencing individual across columns or ranges of them in terms of the name of the variable plus a subscript (with some syntax like * to address them all).

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
-*for the first across section:
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=C5,BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=SOLID,BORDER-RIGHT-
COLOR=B
LACK,$

-*for all other across sections
TYPE=REPORT,ACROSSCOLUMN=N3,BORDER-
RIGHT=MEDIUM,BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=SOLID,BORDER-
RIGHT-COLOR=BLACK,$

But ACROSSCOLUMN gives an error in when opening Acrobat Reader: An unrecognized token 'endstream' was found. And the report is f... up, I can see the vertical lines but the report is broken.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In an example in techsupport,

TYPE=REPORT, ACROSSCOLUMN=N1, STYLE=ITALIC,$
TYPE=REPORT, ACROSSCOLUMN=N2, STYLE=BOLD,$

makes every column (heading and data) corresponding to the first verb object italic; and to the second, bold (so that italic and bold alternate across the page).

So if you have only one verb object and want to try explicitly applying grid/vgrid/hgrid, the
"TYPE=REPORT, ACROSSCOLUMN=N1, ..."
syntax might force the issue.

Then again, I harbor doubts that grid is specifiable for individual rows or columns, so that may lead nowhere.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, it looks like TYPE=REPORT and BORDER-position don't work together

TYPE=REPORT, ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
BORDER-RIGHT=MEDIUM,BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=SOLID,BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR=BLACK,$

Gives the same error in Acrobat Reader.
Confused Confused

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Open a case.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Finally, the error message was because my bottomgap and topgap were too big and I had 2 reports fitting on the same page (compound reporting nobreak).

To do it, you need 2 formatting lines, 1 for the first instance of the across value (COLUMN)
and 1 for the others (ACROSSCOLUMN)
TYPE=REPORT,COLUMN=colname,BORDER-RIGHT=
MEDIUM,BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=SOLID,BORDER-RIGHT-
COLOR=BLACK,$
TYPE=REPORT,ACROSSCOLUMN=Nn,BORDER-RIGHT=
MEDIUM,BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE=SOLID,BORDER-RIGHT-
COLOR=BLACK,$

I still have a little problem, now that I have my vertical line, the background color of my ACROSSVALUE dissapeared, it's now 'none' without any reason. I can live with that. Wink