Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Hiding URL on mouseover on drilldowns in PDF (2nd Try)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hiding URL on mouseover on drilldowns in PDF (2nd Try)
 Login/Join

<Vipul>
posted
Please help here. we are using ver 523
We want to hide the url and data passed when mouse over on drilldown in PDF reports. For HTML formats we can hide it by using javascript but what do we do for pdf reports?

I do not want to use global variables.

Any ideas...

Vipul

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
if your html launch page form uses method=post, you'll get only the call to the wf cgi inthe status bar, not the parms nor the fexname
if your html launch page form uses method=get, you'll get the whole shebang in the status bar: fexname, parms, whole thing.
So maybe you can work with the method attribute of the cgi call in your drill downs, to at least hide the parms.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Susannah,

Is there any way to hide the Web Focus code when a use clicks view source through Web Focus?

I have removed the open and close carats.
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
html
head
title>My reportMETA HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache"
META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"
META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0"
head
body
!IBI.FIL.REPORT;
body
html
-HTMLFORM END
-EXIT

That is my HTML in a FEX following a report. When I click View Source, it shows me the HTML and then all the focus code even parameters that are passed to drill downs that should not be seen. Can I hide those parameters somehow or have the code hidden?

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
sure, slfmr.
just make sure -SET &ECHO = OFF
and the fex code won't show when a user clicks ViewSource; with ECHO=ON, you see the fex code, but not the response status, like how many lines get extracted at each pass, etc.
When ECHO = ALL, you can view source the whole sheebang, which is useful when you're testing, and find stuff that goes wrong; but for production, you would always want ECHO=OFF, sends less stuff thru to the user's browser anyway, wee bit faster.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Great thanks, I didn't know the ECHO's affected what the user actually can see in the view source. Good to know!

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6