Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] MRE administration

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] MRE administration
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
The information about fex, mas and othe r files within the MRE is hold in an HTML file per domain.
We have a procedure that reads this file and puts the info in a database.
What we did I not do is use the flags that are in that same file. These flags do say something about the creator and the time it was created and changed.

A small part of this file is this

(HREF='app/121227fa.fex' MRFLAG='createdby=Frank%20Terlien%20%28fter%29,createdon=1356613310512,lastmodby=Frank+Terlien+%28fter%29'>Details per externe
manager)

app/121227fa.fex
createdby=Frank Terlien (fter)
createdon=1356613310512
lastmodby=Frank Terlien (fter)
displayname: Details per externe manager

(HREF='app/121212fa.fex' MRFLAG='hidden,createdon=1355317709421,createdby=Frank+Terlien+%28fter%29,lastmodby=Frank+Terlien+%28fter%29'>121212FA)

app/121212fa.fex
hidden
createdon=1355317709421 (is this zulutime)
createdby=Frank Terlien (fter)
lastmodby=Frank Terlien (fter)
dispayname: 121212FA

Between brackets is the original HTML code line and after that line the wanted fields of info
The several flags are not always in the same sequence .

What we want is some defines that break up the lines into better readable info

Any suggestions ?

I know Francis once posted something about the interpretation of this file, but that was on version 5.3 and since then something changed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I don't have the 7.6 documentation handy - but in WF 7.7 there is a "Managed Reporting Extract utility" (WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual).
The Managed Reporting Extract utility allows you to extract data from your Managed Reporting Repository to generate reports about users, groups, domains, and domain content.
I have used this in the past for basic documentation etc.
I'm not sure if this was available in 7.6, or if it will give you the info that you are after - but perhaps worth looking at Smiler

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Twanette,
Thanks for this answer. I need to change my sign since we already have version 7.7.03
But this indeed gives me te details, but the field flags holds all te details and I need to extract that field. Based on the comma in it.
The search goes on....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post