Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Creating Synonym for XML using BAtch command.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Creating Synonym for XML using BAtch command.
 Login/Join

<Allen Richardson>
posted
Hi,

I found this syntax for creating synonym for sql..

CREATE SYNONYM [app name]/[new synonym] FOR [target table] DBMS [dbms type i.e. SQLMSS] AT [adapter name]
END

Is there any batch command like this for creating synonym for xml adapter.

If could specify the document link to see through..it would be helpful

Thanks in Advance...

wf 7.6.8/winXP

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
XML requires a lot more information to create synonyms than a relational adapter so that syntax would not probaley do what you need.

An option when faced with something like this is to turn on the traces, create a synonym via the interface
and then look at the trace to see exactly what was done.

Does not always give the required answer but often does.

Report This Post
<Allen Richardson>
posted
Thanks JG for the response...

My target is creating the synonym by running a fex file and i think trace cant help me in that. Confused

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Allen,
The idea is that you look at the trace to get the syntax that the server uses to create the synonym.

You can then cut and paste that into your focexec and substitute with parameters where you need.

Report This Post
<Allen Richardson>
posted
I'm not able to see the traces.
I done this steps..is it correct.
workspace->configuration-> Configuration Files ->Server Profiles -> trace profile and changed the Traceuser = default
to

SET TRACEOFF = ALL
SET TRACEON = STMTRACE//CLIENT
SET TRACEON = STMTRACE/2/CLIENT
SET TRACEUSER = ON
but i'm able to see the traces..could you help me getting the traces..

Thanking you

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Allen, Those are client traces and will not show you what you need.

You need to turn the traces on, on the server and look at them there.

As an alternative if you have dev studio installed with a local server environment you could do it there.

Report This Post
<Allen Richardson>
posted
Hi JG..
Could you provide me with step to on client traces.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
close
go to the webfocus admin console
(not the server console)
http: //localhost:8080/ibi_apps/console/webfocusconsole.jsp
then Diagnostics
then Traces
If you pick WFServlet trace, for example, you'll see in the window the exact location where the trace file will be. they'll be in
/ibi/WebFOCUS76/logs directory.
Once you turn a trace on, and do your work, REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF eventually. duh.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Allen Richardson>
posted
Thanks susannah for the response..

I did the steps you told to turn on the traces which i throught will provide me with the code to creating synonym for XML file from fex..but i am not able to find anything related to that..

Is there any other way so that i can create a synonym for XML file from fex... Sweating

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
JG told you to turn on server traces. That is Workspace -> Configuration -> Diagnostics -> Traces. The traces can be viewed from there. They are stored in edatemp.

Run your test, then turn off the traces. Make sure to delete them when you are done looking at them.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ah
so that's different from WFServlet traces??
thanks for the clarif for me.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes. Servlet traces are client traces.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post