Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Images on Maintain form only show placeholder

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Images on Maintain form only show placeholder
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have maintain forms with images

The image property of the path is the deployed folder and the images are in the deployment scenario.

And that worked....for me on my local PC.

I simply copied the deployed files to a separate local machine with the same app - same folders.
But on that other local PC, the images do not show up, only the placeholders.

Is there something we are not doing or is there some type of IE security setting that we are not setting??

Brad S

Brad S.
WF 8.05 / Win7 /Tomcat Self Serve

Posts: 61 | Location: St Louis | Registered: May 15, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
An image in maintain is deployed relative to approot, a virtual set up in your server. It is not set up relative to the location of the maintain, which is what you are expecting.

Ensure that you have approot set up and pointing to the same directories as your local PC.

By right clicking the image place holder and looking at properties, you will see the path that is expected.

This is why there are deployment scenarios, to ratify path differentials from where you develop to where you run, and that should be the approach you take.

(Please update your signature to include release, platform and usage so we have a good idea on what to advise)

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

When I right-click on properties of the placeholder, it does shows the subdirectory where the image is resident, which is where all the other WF and app programs are also located.

(I updated my signature and hopefully it shows up)

Brad S.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does that mean you are now seeing the image?

When you run the maintain, you are running from a PATH within WF. External resources are accessed outside WF using the url.

Can you view the image in the browser using the url from the properties?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Solved:

It was a case sensitive issue.
Deployed from an approot with folder: " files "

Copied and run from
an approot with folder: " Files "

When swithced to lower case " files " it worked.

Tomcat is very case sensitive about everything.

Brad S.