Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Report Caster Jobs Fails - Day Light Saving Time

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Report Caster Jobs Fails - Day Light Saving Time
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

Greetings for the day...!!

My project is running in WebFOCUS 8 version. The report caster schedule job is not working properly, due to DST time changes(I guess).
When I checked the logs in report caster console the same job is working fine without any issue on last 2nd April.

The same job is getting failed before on last 3rd April. This is happening whenever there is any change in day light saving.

Find the attached image for error log status and the detailed information of the error.

There are 2 jobs are running in PROD to distribute the reports to client. One job is running 8 A.M CST and another 1 is running @ 8:10 A.M CST.

The second job is running fine without any issue. I am facing the issue with first job @ 8 A.M CST.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Suresh

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.05 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, Dev/App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5, Adobe Flex Builder, VBA

Posts: 47 | Location: Bengaluru, India | Registered: December 04, 2014Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I can't see your image. . .

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.

Posts: 88 | Location: MI | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi ,
I am attaching the image, but it is not displaying in Forum.
So i have copied the log detail below,

Schedule Executed Due To NEXTRUNTIME at (ServerName):8200
Job placed in the waiting queue at 2016-03-28 08:00:01.035-0500 (1,459,170,001,035)
Job started running at 2016-03-28 08:00:01.036-0500 (1,459,170,001,036)
Job remained in waiting queue for 0.0010 seconds
Starting task with Alert: Task 1
Connecting to server EDASERVE with execution id (userid) at 2016-03-28 08:00:02.529-0500 (1,459,170,002,529)
Task finished.
No report to distribute.
Job finished at 2016-03-28 08:00:41.608-0500 (1,459,170,041,608)
Job time on distribution server after the report completed was 0.0 seconds
Total running time was 40.572 seconds
Total elapsed time (including the queue time) was 40.573 seconds

The job is running fine now, but I want to know the reason why it is failling some times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sureshkuamr Murugesan,

WebFOCUS 8.0.05 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, Dev/App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5, Adobe Flex Builder, VBA

Posts: 47 | Location: Bengaluru, India | Registered: December 04, 2014Report This Post
<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello Sureshkuamr,

If you are trying to attach the image off of your own computer, I'm afraid it won't work. In order to post an image on this forum, like most online forums, you need to first host it online. Postimage is one such service.

As for your issue, ReportCaster should not fail to create a report due to daylight savings time. Additionally, DST began on March 13th, so you would not be seeing this issue between the 2nd and 3rd of April.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi McAllister,

Thanks for your help on this.

The report caster jobs are NOT generating the reports from March 15th to April 1st. When i checked the logs for error, there is no FOC error code logged for this issue. I don't find any issue with the code, also it is generating the reports from April 2nd without any issues.

Could you please tell me why it is not working on those above mentioned dates (March 15th to April 1st)?. Is there any way to debug the issue from report caster console?.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards,
Suresh