Focal Point
Calling Update Assist procedure from WF report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4511077331

February 04, 2004, 04:06 PM
K Mann
Calling Update Assist procedure from WF report
When I call an update assist generated maintain procedure from a focus report the following error returns:

" Error attaching to Server: loopback

The server may not be running or may not be properly defined in the Client Communication Configuration file.

Please notify your server administrator. "

This procedure runs fine when launched from its start page. Not sure what loopback is referencing? Running 5.2.3 The fex code that calls is:

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N6,
COLOR='BLUE',
STYLE=UNDERLINE,
URL=/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/ibiweb.exe?(ceh_training_LHU_Edit=N1 ceh_training_USER_ID_Edit=N2 ceh_training_COURSE_ID_Edit=N6 IBIF_cmd='MNTCON EX CEH_TRAINING' IBIS_passthru='on' IBIS_connect='on' IBIAPP_app='training baseapp' IBIC_server='loopback'),
$
February 12, 2004, 04:12 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Hi --

I've seen this issue before; for some mysterious reason the 5.2 service packs assign a strange port to the LOOPBACK node in your ODIN.CFG file. It's easy to fix.

The file is located in your client directory. If you're running the DevStudio development server, that's \ibi\srv52\wfs\etc.

If you're running a full WebFOCUS Reporting Server as your development environment, it's in \ibi\client52\wfs\etc.

Open the ODIN.CFG file in a text editor - in a pinch, use Notepad - and change the port used for LOOPBACK from 8128 to 8120. Save the file. Restart the server.

To re-run the Update Assist app, go to the HTML files folder in your project, choose the HTML launch file, right-click it, and select Run on Web Server.

Incidentally, if your WebFOCUS Client is using the LOOPBACK node, that is going to cause problems in a multi-server environment (makes it hard to figure out which server is which). We recommend adding a 'named' node (named after the machine the server's on) for each server. After doing this, you probably will have to change the default reporting server configured in the WebFOCUS Client Configuration HTML pages, so the client knows which ODIN node to talk to!

Hope this helps.
February 13, 2004, 01:08 PM
K Mann
Thanks, fixed the problem.
March 08, 2004, 07:10 PM
Dwayne
Thank you,
I looked into the odin.cfg on the ibi\client52\wfc\etc and found we were also out of sync. I changed the 8128 to 8120 and the 8129 to 8121.

We are starting to test 524. The client52 now agrees with the srv52 odin.cfg file. Everything is on one machine, Windows 2003.
bye